Thursday, January 5, 2023

Harlequin Crew Book 3: Carnival Hill by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Carnival Hill (The Harlequin Crew, #3)
Harlequin Crew Book 3

I thought that I was broken before, but my damage never tasted as bitter as this.

The Harlequin boys are more than just a memory now. More than a daydream of our youth and an idea to cling onto.

They’re my greatest weakness and my biggest regret, but I’ve started to realise that coming back to Sunset Cove was always my fate.

My heart beats to the turn of the tide here. My skin only warms beneath this sun. And my soul will only ever be home on these streets and with the men who grew out of my memories.

But nothing is the same as I remember and the time for childish games is coming to an end.

I may want to pretend that the last ten years never happened, but the nightmare I lost myself in has followed me home and I can’t keep ignoring the things I once did to survive.

The question is, will my mistakes be the end of me and my boys? Will the choices I made then change everything now?
And will the life I never wanted steal away my only chance at the life I’m afraid to wish for?

This is an enemies to lovers contemporary series where the girl will end up with multiple love interests and all of the characters are in their late twenties. Trigger warning: this series features gangs, violence, dark romance and jealous/possessive themes.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58349113-carnival-hill

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Another book of chaos and another horrible cliffhanger. Dang. These authors really know how to pack a painful punch of a cliffhanger. Never been so glad to read a series by them that is actually complete. At least I never have to wait long for the next book. So this book picks up right where the last one left us. In a bombing that has Rogue buried in the rubble as Fox, JJ, and Maverick desperately try to dig and find her. And Chase. But they don't know that he was taken by freaking Shawn. Really rough time for Chase in this book while everyone thinks he is dead for a while. The war against freaking Shawn continues. And what happens most in this book is there is a lot of truth and revelations. Good and bad. Some of it having the power to bring this family back together where we thought it was hopeless before. Yet, still devastating. And on the romance side, things are still chaotic. JJ and Rick seem to understand that Rogue needs all of them. Chase is starting to see it by knows he won't be allowed to stick around. And Fox is still being dumb. Though I have to say Rogue is a bit back and forth as well. Lots of frustration all around and things blowing up. But I think we're a step closer to getting that happy ending. Eventually. This cliffhanger may have blown things up even worse, but I'm hoping that these boys won't be dumb for too long in the start of the next book. We shall see! This series is pretty chaotic but as this way of drawing you in too. It's hard to put the story down when you want to know what happens next and see everyone finally stop and think for a bit. Plus I love of our cameos from the Brutal Boys series. Always fun. Oh! And absolutely hilarious to see mentions of Dark Fae in this book. Fox clearly needs to keep reading the series if he is ever gonna understand how his future is gonna look LOL. Off to the next one! Expecting yet another brutal cliffhanger but hey at least then after that there is only one more. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment