Thursday, January 26, 2023

Fake Boyfriend Book 1: Fake Out by Eden Finley

Fake Boyfriend Book 1

MADDOX

The reason I rarely go home is three simple words: I’m a liar.

When the pressure to marry my childhood sweetheart became too much, I told her I was gay and then fled to New York like my ass was on fire.

Now, five years later and after a drunken encounter, I find myself invited to her wedding. And I have to bring my boyfriend—the boyfriend who doesn’t exist because I’m straight.

At least, I think I am. Meeting the guy I’m bribing to be my boyfriend for the weekend makes me question everything about myself.


DAMON

When my sister asks me to pretend to be some straight guy’s boyfriend, my automatic response is to say no. It’s because of guys like him people don’t believe me when I tell them I’m gay.

But Maddox has something I need.

After an injury that cost me my baseball career, I’m trying to leave my playing days behind and focus on being the best sports agent I can be. Forty-eight hours with my sister’s best friend in exchange for a meeting with a possible client. I can do this.

I just wish he wasn’t so hot. Or that he didn’t kiss like he means it.

Wait … why is the straight guy kissing me?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39298105-fake-out

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

So I've seen Damon and even Maddox in plenty of other Eden Finley books and I have finally looped back around to get their story! Been reading out of chronological order, but I finally made it! I was so excited to see who Damon was and what his story was and boy was it a fun one. Our story starts with Maddox who is in a bit of a predicament when he runs into his ex-girlfriend on her bachelorette party night out. The same ex he told he was gay in order to break up with her. And when panic ignites at her saying things bout it being a sign she sees him, he tells her he has a boyfriend. And for some reason to her that means invite them both to the wedding. Well lucky for Maddox, his best friend Stacy knows someone who can be his pretend boyfriend for the weekend. Her brother Damon. What starts as just a ruse, leads to Maddox realizing maybe he isn't exactly straight after all. Things are clicking together and his attraction to Damon is undeniable. For the first time, Maddox actually wants to be with someone and date them. Too bad Damon isn't ready for that just yet. Damon has had his own past. A bad ending with a guy he used to consider a friend but basically turned on him when Damon came out, he has some trust issues. He doesn't want to be an experiment to Maddox. But soon, even Damon can't deny that Maddox is different and being with him may be worth the risk. Such a fun story! I loved those two. They were such a great pairing and I loved their banter. Looking forward to the next book in the series after meeting some of these new characters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment