Monday, January 30, 2023

Fake Boyfriend Book 5: Hat Trick by Eden Finley

Fake Boyfriend Book 5

SOREN

You know what’s not fun? Going on a Fiji vacation with four other couples. Especially when recently single.

What’s even worse is when a past hook-up arrives unannounced.

Not only do we have a history, but he’s ten years younger and a famous rock star. Most importantly, he’s my friend’s little brother.

Being trapped on an island with Jet Jackson is going to be sweet torture because all I want is another chance.

I just don’t think he’s going to give it to me.


JET

You know what’s not fun? Escaping one guy who broke my heart only to run into another.

Being on the road for three years has left me exhausted. The last thing I want is for Caleb ‘Soren’ Sorensen to try for round two.

I can’t fight my draw to him. I’ve never been able to.

I’m suddenly back to being the naïve kid who stupidly lusted after a hockey player.

All I can think is if I let Soren get close, I’ll walk away from this vacation with a double broken heart.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48717530-hat-trick

*********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Three years ago, Soren and Jet had a night that neither would forget. One that would change them but they wouldn't know exactly would mean just yet. After that night, they saw one another once, and it didn't go how either wanted. And now, two years later a lot has changed. Everyone is in Fiji for vacation. And Soren is feeling the singleness being around the couples. What he had with the man he came out for is over and the man he let getaway, he doubts will give him a second chance. But then Jet arrives. And suddenly it doesn't seem so impossible. But Jet isn't in a great place himself. He was in a secret relationship for the last two years with a certain rockstar he was on tour with and now they are over and he needs the space. But he doesn't expect to feel that strong pull to Soren to come rushing back. But their connection is undeniable. And it seems that they are given a second chance. And when Jet's ex is forcing him to go back and finish the tour, Soren isn't ready to let Jet go again. He'll fight for them like he should have the first time. I loved these two! Their story is so sweet and heartbreaking and full of hope, all at the same time. You can't help but root for them despite the baggage that comes with it. Those two were definitely meant to me. They were a great couple to end this series on. Though thankfully we have one more book that is basically epilogues for all these guys before I have to say goodbye. Such a great series!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment