Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Franklin U Book 7: Making Waves by Christina Lee

Franklin U Book 7

Alex Larsen

Remy Duval was my high school crush and secret first kiss, but he’s also so much more. A painter, a tattoo artist, my best friend Bailey’s older brother…and Bailey’s sworn enemy. It was easier to keep my distance the past two years, but now that Bailey and I are attending Franklin University with him, I’m only drawn to Remy more. I should be loyal to my best friend, focus on classes and swim team, but the more I see Remy around campus, the harder it becomes to stay away.


Remy Duval

My brother hates me, but that’s no surprise. I’ll take the fall for ruining our family if it means doing the right thing. But as soon as my brother and his best friend show up on campus, I know I’m in trouble. Alex is all grown up, and I can’t help wanting him, especially when he’s in those tiny swim briefs that emphasize everything.

One kiss leads to more, and before we know it, we’re tumbling into secret, no-strings-attached hookups. But who knew Alex would understand me in ways few others have? And I think, just maybe, I understand him too.

I keep telling myself it’s temporary. Alex doesn’t want to disappoint his best friend, and after what my parents went through, I’m not looking to settle down. Making waves is nothing new, but the further I fall, the more I drag Alex in the deep end with me.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61367933-making-waves

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Alex has had a crush on his best friend, Bailey's, older brother, Remy for a long time. And two years ago, they shared their first kiss right before everything changed for Bailey and Remy's family. Now, Alex and Bailey are attending Franklin U and Remy is back in his life. And those feelings he thought he buried have resurfaced. Turns out, he never really stopped crushing on Remy and he learns quickly that Remy feels the same. But there is a slight problem: Bailey. Bailey is angry for Remy revealing something that led to their parents' divorce and instead of being angry at their dad, he's chosen to blame Remy. Alex is on both of their sides, but knows that Remy did nothing wrong and struggles to get Bailey to see that. So when Alex and Remy start hooking up, he's worried about Bailey's reaction. Remy wouldn't care about telling Bailey, but knows that for Alex it is more complicated. And besides, this thing between him and Alex won't be forever, right? It's not like he believes in relationships... or does he? Well, I'm sure you can all imagine how this story will go! Chaos will eventually find them and everyone will have to face their demons at some point. I really liked this one! Remy and Alex were adorable and it was sweet that both thought they could keep their feelings in check. Both of them have been through a lot and they finally found a way to push for what they wanted for once. Another great one in the series and I'm off to read the final one!

No comments:

Post a Comment