Sunday, January 22, 2023

Franklin U Book 2: The Dating Disaster by Saxon James

The Dating Disaster (Franklin U, #2)
Franklin U Book 2

Thousands of students on this campus, and I keep being set up with the roommate I can’t stand.

Felix

One date.

That’s how long it takes for Marshall Harrows to end up on my bad side.

Luckily I have no plans to see the giant teddy bear again. Except, when he shows up as my new roommate, I can’t escape him, and he’s just as irritating as I thought he’d be.

He leaves cupboards ajar and puts empty milk cartons back in the fridge. His bedroom door is always open, I find his underwear on the laundry floor, and he has this whole bashful sweetheart thing going on that I just … can’t … stand.

But the most completely, horribly irritating thing about him, is that he’s totally my type.

And my friends won’t stop setting us up on blind dates.


Marshall

One date.

That’s how long it took for Felix Andrews to steal my heart.

The sparky little spitfire is everything I’m not. Confident, adorable, and completely outspoken.

He also wants nothing to do with me. Which is a real problem when I want to give him everything. Including my virginity.

But the more I try to gain his attention, the more I see the real him. The one who doesn’t feel worthy of being treated like anything other than a one-night stand. So I decide to take matters into my own hands.

A total do-over. One night. One date. Where hopefully I can steal his heart too.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61277555-the-dating-disaster

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Felix finally admits to himself that maybe he is done with the one night stands and is ready for an actual relationship. Marshall hasn't exactly dated much and it takes a lot for him to find someone he is genuinely interested in. When these two meet, well their first blind date doesn't go exactly to plan. Marshall is beyond nervous and was stressed by the fact that his work shift went late and he didn't really have time to prepare. It also doesn't help that Felix is gorgeous and by the look on his face the date isn't exactly going well. As for Felix, he can't help but feel that Marshall isn't into their date and not really trying. Then Felix begins to wonder if maybe he just wants to hook up, but when he makes a move, it blows up in his face and he can't help by feel rejected. They part ways but are surprised to learn they are now roommates. Cue the awkwardness! And if that isn't enough, as they try to work through it and be sort of friends, they are set up once again on blind dates and unbeknownst to them, it's to one another. Guess the universe is trying to tell them something, huh? These two are so sweet but they really need to communicate! Neither are sure how the other feels. Marshall is determined to make Felix feel more than a hook up and that he deserves the very best. Felix finds himself drawn to Marshall more and more and when he tries to push for more, he feels like he is just a friend. You can't help but love these hopeless boys as they try and navigate their complicated and first real relationship. But for every shaking your head moment, there are plenty of swoony moments that have you cheering for them. A fun story! And I'm looking forward to the next one in this series. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment