Saturday, January 21, 2023

Franklin U Book 1: Playing Games by Riley Hart

Playing Games (Franklin U, #1)
Franklin U Book 1

Brax
Tyson Langley thinks the king in Franklin University Kings is in reference to him. Star lacrosse player and God’s gift to the female and male population, there’s nothing the spoiled jock can’t have.

It’s impossible for us to be in the same room without talking crap to each other. But I also have a secret… As much as I despise Ty, I want him too. I revel in our banter and in never knowing what he’ll say next.

I’ve spent too much time on the wrong side of the law for someone like Ty, though, and if I want to make it through college and escape my past, he’s a distraction I don’t need.

Ty
Braxton Walker needs to learn to lighten up. If you search brooding online, his name pops up. He’s the bad boy with a leather jacket and a scowl. We couldn’t be more different.

Finding ways to annoy him is like the longest foreplay session of my life. And when we end up working together, it gets harder to deny how hot he makes me.

What’s a little hooking up between enemies?

We weren’t supposed to become friends or share secrets. We weren’t supposed to understand each other and all the complicated stuff we’re going through.

I’m used to playing games, only the more time I spend with Brax, the less it feels like playing around and the more it becomes something real.

**This series takes place across a calendar year. The books have been released in chronological order but are all stand alones and can be consumed in whichever order you choose.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61279261-playing-games

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Braxton is not a fan of Ty. He's known the guy for three years and there is just something about the spoiled jock that gets to Braxton. Though with the amount of flirting that goes on between them, Braxton also wonders if it is just a matter of time before something does happen between the two of them. Ty loves to find ways to get to Braxton. He loves teasing him and making the king of being broody smile. When the two finally cross the line and hook up, everything changes between them. They find themselves opening up to one another about secrets neither have shared with their friends. And soon it becomes really hard to call themselves enemies. Not when the chemistry is off the charts and shows no signs of changing. I loved these two! They were so fun. The banter was hilarious and they were just so sweet together. Loved the whole enemies to lovers vibe this story gives. Plus a lot of grumpy and sunshine pairing. Both are also dealing with some complicated stuff and it was sweet to see how they were there for one another. Really great story and I'm looking forward to the rest of the books in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment