Sunday, January 1, 2023

Harlequin Crew Book 0.5: Devil's Pass by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Devil's Pass (The Harlequin Crew #0.5)
Harlequin Crew Book 0.5

Ten years ago, The Harlequin Boys broke my heart.

I thought my life was complete with them at my side, the five of us against the world, having each other’s backs no matter what the cost.

I’d fight for them until my dying breath.

It’s just a shame they didn’t feel the same.

Once upon a time, my imperfect world shone bright with the light of four boys I would have killed for.

This is the story of how they destroyed me.


This is a 45k prequel novella to the Harlequin Crew series. These books have dark themes, violence, criminals, gangs, and an enemies to lovers romance that will make your heart pound, break it a little and then crush it beneath the boots of four black hearted men who our girl might just fall for anyway. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55778314-devil-s-pass

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Rogue, Fox, Maverick, JJ, and Chase are inseparable. Rogue loves the four of them and they love her back. And even at sixteen, Rogue knows that they are all meant to be together. But life isn't that simple. Not when Fox's dad, Luther, (who also adopted Maverick) is leader of the Harlequin Crew. And it's only a matter of time until the four boys have no choice but to join the gang they want no part of. But then Rogue is attacked and they help her clean up the evidence. And next thing you know, Luther is on their tail. Their choice, their futures are gone. Running away together has no chance when those older than them are on their tails. So the boys do the one thing they swore they wouldn't and break their promises and trust from Rogue. And they all pay different and terrible consequences. Oh, I can already imagine the future that is in store for all of them. Rogue, heartbroken and angry that these four boys tossed her despite really having tried to protect her. And these four boys destroying pieces of themselves to protect her no matter the cost. The series takes place ten years later and I'm looking forward to seeing how they all find their way back to one another and the chaos that I'm sure is waiting for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment