Friday, January 27, 2023

Fake Boyfriend Book 2.5: Rebound by Eden Finley

Fake Boyfriend Book 2.5

ARON

I’ve always known Wyatt was hot, but scotch and half a bottle of tequila makes him so Goddamn beautiful.

After my last disastrous relationship with a close friend, you'd think I'd learn my lesson and choose someone else for a rebound. Someone I don't have a solid friendship with.

I should definitely stay away from Wyatt.

But when have I ever listened to logic?


WYATT

I’d long forgotten my college crush on Aron. He was never a possibility, having friend-zoned me from the beginning.

But now he’s drunk and looking for a rebound.

It’d totally ruin our almost decade-long friendship. I have to say no and be the bigger person … right?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41220258-rebound

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Aron broke the number one rule when it comes to friends with benefits: don't get feelings. And unfortunately for him, this isn't the case of both sides catching feelings and realizing they want more. Instead, Aron scares Noah away and then shortly after is shocked to see that Noah, Mr. Doesn't Do Relationships or Feelings, has a boyfriend. How? Aron is hurt and confused and it needs a rebound. But maybe rebounding with another one of his closest friends isn't the best idea. Didn't he already learn his lesson? But, why is Wyatt different? Wyatt is out of a relationship himself and he doesn't want to lose Aron as a friend by being one another's rebound. But that college crush he had Aron is slowly coming back and reminding him why he fell for Aron the first time. And when Aron comes to realize that maybe he wasn't heartbroken over Noah, just feeling rejected and feeling ready for a real relationship, he'll see that the person for him has been there all along. This was a cute novella of Aron and Wyatt's story! It was short and sweet and a realization of a friendship that could be so much more when you add in love. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment