Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Franklin U Book 6: Learning Curve by N.R. Walker

Franklin U Book 6

Cobey Green
There I was, moving into the dorms at Franklin U, and not into the shared party house I’d lived in my freshman year. Last year had been all about football and parties, not schoolwork. Which was why my grades tanked, and why I was one failed class away from being kicked off the team.
Why I needed to live on campus, and find myself a tutor.
Funny that my new roommate just happened to be a tutor. Funny that he was oblivious to how hot he is. For a smart guy, he was pretty clueless. Maybe I could tutor him in how to be more outgoing in exchange for help with calculus? I could teach him how to talk to people, how to make new friends. Hell, maybe I could even help him punch his V card.
Actually, now that I thought about it... that was a really good idea.

Vincent Brandt
And there I was, happy to be back at college, happy to be where I was most comfortable. Happy to be starting another school year, happy to start tutoring again so I could earn some money.
And yes, there I was, equal parts excited and dreading to see who my new roommate would be... Until Cobey Green’s smiling face appeared at the door. A huge football player, loved by everyone, gorgeous, rich, and out of the closet.
Everything I was not.
It didn’t help that he was genuinely a really nice guy. It didn’t help that I could make him laugh, and we could talk so easily, and it certainly didn’t help that we started having private tutorials which ended up way more private than I’d ever dared imagine.
I’d ranked top of my class in every subject since the first grade yet there I was falling stupidly in love with him.

This was going to be a hell of a year. And one very steep learning curve for both of us.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61367886-learning-curve

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Okay, this one may be my favorite of the series so far! Vincent and Cobey are adorable. So Cobey is starting off the semester in a bit of a bad mood. His parents are forcing him to live in the dorms and not a house with his football teammates in the hopes that he will study more and get his grades back in shape so he won't be kicked off the football team. And as one of the best players there looking to play in the NFL, he can't screw up. What he doesn't expect is to have a roommate who is probably the sweetest, hottest, and smartest guy he has ever met. And the more he spends time with him, the more he likes him. Vincent isn't confident. He doesn't really have friends and spends a lot of his time studying and hiding away. He's not good around people, but meeting Cobey, well, that's different. Cobey is able to coax Vincent out of his shell and Vincent is super comfortable with him. Maybe it's who Cobey is or maybe it is because of this thing between them. In the beginning they make a deal. Cobey will help Vincent learn to be more comfortable in social settings and Vincent will help Cobey study calculus. But it doesn't take long before the two of them realize they have more than a tutor and student relationship. These two were the cutest thing ever. Opposites in so many ways, but they just fit. They also brought out the best in one another. Their love story was just adorable and I couldn't put it down! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment