Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Franklin U Book 8: Football Royalty by Eden Finley

Franklin U Book 8

If you never fooled around with someone of the same gender, did you even go to high school?

PEYTON

My whole life I’ve had the pressure of being Marcus Talon and Shane Miller’s football prodigy. I’ve been destined to follow in my NFL-playing fathers’ footsteps since the day I was born. I usually thrive under pressure, but as senior year looms, it all gets too much, and I need an outlet. The last place I thought I’d find my release is at Levi Vanderbilt’s graduation party. In his bed. With him.

It’s a one-time thing. An experimentation. And while it was fun, we agree that being with guys isn’t for either of us. I’m happy to accept that until he turns up in California.

I haven’t had to think about him for four years, but now I can’t get him out of my head.



LEVI

Coming to Franklin University for grad school to follow a boy I hooked up with once is the stupidest thing I could have done.

We said that high school didn’t mean anything, but the truth is, that night made me realize who I truly am, and since then, I’ve been trying to find that sense of freedom again.

I’m hoping it can be with him, but everything I’ve heard around campus points to Peyton not having the same life-changing revelation I did.

And if that’s the case, did I just move across the country for a straight guy?

Kill me now.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61367899-football-royalty

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Last book of this series and definitely another favorite of mine! We finally get Peyton's story. He has been mentioned throughout and we've seen his brother, Brady, appear as well (I also learned that he has his own book that happened to come out today! So yay for nice timing!). Peyton is known as the football star at Franklin U. His dads were both pro football players and now he is following in their footsteps. Peyton's done well to manage his school work and football by making sure his head is in the game. Relationships don't exist besides a hook up once in a while. But then he sees Levi and is he is brought back to four years ago. The two of them hooked up and it was both their first time with a guy and it brought many feelings. But as two awkward teenagers can be, they brush it off as nothing. But not for Levi. To Levi that was his realization that he is gay and for Peyton, he never liked a guy after that so he never bothered to claim he was bi. But Levi is now at is school and all those unresolved feelings come right on back. Levi came to Franklin U in part because of Peyton. He never forgot their last meeting and Levi is done with his father and the expectations. So he lied and transferred to Franklin U claiming to go to law school when really he is there for the art program. Peyton and Levi finally have it out and it doesn't take long for them to hook up again. But the timing isn't great. Not for Peyton who is at the end of his football season and is looking to get drafted to the NFL. He has to focus. But how can he when all he wants to do is be with Levi? Loved, loved their story! Such a great one to end it on. Levi and Peyton are such a great pair and their chemistry is fantastic. Plus, you gotta love all the side characters that is Peyton's family (many of whom I learned, have their own books, so going to have to track those down). This was a great end to this series and I'm sad it's over! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment