Friday, January 27, 2023

Fake Boyfriend Book 2: Trick Play by Eden Finley

Fake Boyfriend Book 2

MATT

Want to know the fastest way to get screwed out of a football career? Get photographed in a compromising position in a gay bar. Yep, welcome to my life.

My agent says he can fix my image. He wants me to become the poster boy for gay football players. Me? I just want back on the field. I’ll do anything to play for the NFL again, even pretend to have a steady boyfriend. If only my fake boyfriend wasn’t Noah Huntington III—the most arrogant, entitled rich guy in the world.


NOAH

Pretend to be Matt Jackson’s boyfriend, my best friend said. It’ll be fun, he said. What Damon neglected to mention is Matt is surly and bitter. Being his boyfriend is a job in itself. From his paranoia over being constantly photographed to his aversion to PDA, being with Matt isn’t the care-free fake relationship I expected when I signed on to do this.

It’s supposed to be a win-win. I get to stick it to my politician dad who thinks no one is good enough for the Huntington name, and Matt’s reputation of being the bad boy of football dies.

What I don’t expect is to start caring for the guy. That’s not part of the plan. Then again, neither is fooling around with him on my private jet.

Oops.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39863941-trick-play

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Matt has a bit of a problem. After getting photographed in a compromised position at a club, the whole world knows he is gay. Not the way he ever imagined being outed. And on top of that, any contract that may have been coming his way for his football career is nonexistent. Lucky for him he has a new agent with plan. Damon asks his friend Noah for a huge favor. Be the fake boyfriend of his new client. And Noah for his own reasons (aka pissing off his dad for one) agrees. But faking a relationship is easier said than done. Matt is surly to the max and they butt heads right away. However, with some real talk and giving into their attraction, things take a different turn. Neither are looking to fall in love. They have a rule against it. But that still won't stop it from happening. Too bad there will be other complications in the way as well. Gotta love Matt and Noah! They were a fun couple. Total opposites in so many ways, but at the same time the two of them actually understand one another in ways that others don't. Really loved their story and I'm looking forward to the next ones in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment