Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Harlequin Crew Book 2: Dead Man's Isle by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Dead Man's Isle (The Harlequin Crew #2)
Harlequin Crew Book 2

I’m the girl who no one wanted. Or the one who got away. Depending on who you ask.

Either way, betrayal and heartache have been my friends for far too long and it’s time for me to start over.

I gave the Harlequin boys a chance to change. A chance to prove that history wasn’t just set to repeat itself. But they failed with spectacular colours.

Maybe it’s time for me to stop running. After all, Sunset Cove has been living under the Harlequins’ thumb for far too long. It’s time to set our demons free and let them burn this place to the ground. Who knows if I’ll survive the fallout?
But I guess I’ll soon find out if dead girls can die twice.

This is an enemies to lovers contemporary series where the girl will end up with multiple love interests and all of the characters are in their late twenties.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58158799-dead-man-s-isle

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

So I have to start off by saying that I had to laugh so hard at the end with the author letter. Because it starts with telling the reader that our beloved authors were told their latest cliffhangers haven't been so bad (probably should look up when this book came out, cause from my experience they ALWAYS have hurtful cliffhangers LOL) and so they decided to fix that. And oh my god, did they. That was pretty painful. But let's back it up! So this story starts shortly after the previous book ended and our girl, Rogue ain't exactly happy. She is feeling utterly betrayed (again) but is with the one person who understands that. Maverick. We finally get more on Maverick and what's been going on with him. Plus, Rogue and him seem to be in a lot better place when it comes to who they are to one another. And both are on their path to revenge. Which brings Rogue back to the Harlequin boys. Though, it doesn't take her long to realize the truth about what happened on the ferry, and let's just say one of those boys will be paying the price. Lot going on in this one and I really don't want to spoil. But there is some progress between Rogue and her boys. Some way better than others. We get a surprise visit from the Harlequin King and the war between the gangs is sparking. Specifically more with Rogue's ex, freaking Shawn. Dude is the worst. And like I said in the beginning, we had a pretty intense cliffhanger, which I'm sure isn't the last. On my way to start the next book cause I have to know what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment