Sunday, January 22, 2023

Franklin U Book 3: Mr. Romance by Louisa Masters

Mr. Romance (Franklin U, #3)
Franklin U Book 3

When you’re clueless, Mr. Romance can help.

Charlie
I’m not sure how it happened, but it turns out I’ve unknowingly been dating three people.
Friends don’t spoil other friends, apparently. My trust fund means I can afford to, though, and what’s a meal here and there? Or some clothes? Or textbooks? That doesn’t mean we’re dating, right?
Others disagree. If I want to get through the rest of college knowing who my friends are, I need help from someone who knows all about dating and can tell me what not to do.
Someone like Mr. Romance.

Liam
When people look at me, romance is the last thing they think of… but I’m still the first person they call. Need a first date planned? A big romantic moment? Gotta beg for forgiveness? I’m your man. When it comes to romance, I’ve got it handled.
Not personally, though. My romantic life is… barren. All I really want is someone to snuggle with and spoil me. What I’ve got is planning dates for people who have no clue about romancing someone.
But now I’m somehow Charlie Martin’s anti-romance consultant. Charlie, who’s completely clueless yet the most accepting and friendly person I’ve ever met. Who’s giving and generous. Who’s befriended me and wants me to be happy.
I’m supposed to help him stop his friends from falling for him. The last thing I need is to fall for him myself.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61295251-mr-romance

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars 

After an eye opening and a bit horrifyingly embarrassing moment, Charlie needs help. Turns out, he doesn't exactly know when he is dating people. What is friendly gestures to him equates to dating to others. So when he is rescued from this TikTok worthy moment, his friend Ian brings him to Liam. Mr. Romance. Mr. Romance is known in the area for helping those with romantic gestures and dates. He helps couples plan dates or give advice. He's pretty successful at it too and good at what he does. His romantic heart is put to use. But this is the first time he is asked to help someone not get dates. And boy does Charlie need it. Liam knows it isn't all Charlie's fault. And it honestly really isn't! He may do big gestures like offer to buy lunches and hang out on the beach during a sunset, but never goes he actually say the word date or any kissing or other intimacies that clearly say he is interested. He is just a people person who likes to make his friends happy. So it's up to Liam to teach Charlie the social cues to get him out of some tough situations. While the two of them embark on this mission, the closer the two of them get. Liam sees all the reasons why people fall for Charlie and can't help but feel like he is in danger of falling for him too. Charlie is happy to have a friend who gets him and is patient and willing to help him. But then when they cross the line of being friends with benefits, well it's Charlie's turn to wonder if maybe this time he wants someone more than a friend. Their story was so cute. Charlie is the biggest sweetheart who just can't seem to catch a break. He never wants to hurt anyone and hates the idea of him being oblivious could do that. And Liam is just another sweetie who sets up all the romantic gestures, but doesn't ever end up on the receiving end. They are great together and this story was just a lot of fun to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment