Monday, February 13, 2023

Mike Bravo Ops Book 1: Iris by Eden Finley

Mike Bravo Ops Book 1

Mike Bravo. Knights in shining … camo.

Iris

I live for adrenaline. The thrill of the chase. And because I work for Mike Bravo, a private black-ops firm, it’s my job to go into dangerous situations.

But when we’re called in to extract a military team from a hostile situation, the thrill is so much better. Because one of those men happen to be the golden boy from my basic training days.

Brock “Saint” Harlow was a walking Captain America in the flesh. The perfect soldier.

Now my boss wants to recruit him, and I can’t wait to rub it in his face that he was rescued by me. The class clown.

I’m not called Iris “I require intense supervision” for nothing.


Saint

Military life is all I’ve known since I was born. I was raised to be a soldier.

But when a top-secret mission fails, I find myself suddenly discharged with nowhere to go.

Mike Bravo saved my life, and they want me to join them, but there’s one small problem.

Isaac “Iris” Griffin.

He’s as irresistibly snarky as he always was, only there’s a big difference this time. I’m no longer closeted or scared to live my truth. And the truth is, I’ve always wanted him.

It’s against Mike Bravo’s rules to fraternize with other team members, and I always follow orders.

But something tells me Iris might be worth the insubordination.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59238149-iris

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Iris lives for his job for Mike Bravos. He loves the adrenaline rush and he is just good at it. But he's not good at relationships. Nothing ever seems to work out. No one seems to understand that he won't be home a lot and he can't talk about his missions. Deep down, he wants to come home to someone. What he never expects is for Saint to come back into his life. And especially not the way it does. When Iris is sent on a rescue mission he is expecting to only find remains of the team of the top team that failed their secret mission. But there is one solider barely alive and Iris does what he can to keep him that way. But it isn't until later that he learns that this soldier is Saint. The one he did basic with and secretly crushed on. He is relieved that Saint is alive and that he will be joining Mike Bravos when he is recovered. Saint can't remember what happened on the mission that nearly ended his life. What he does remember is Iris's voice grounding him and keeping him alive. Now he's on the Mike Bravos team and he is learning that this group is completely different from what he is used to. And he is Iris's orbit again and has no plans to leave it now that he out of the closet. There's just one rule about teammates not hooking up, but when it comes to one another they may be willing to break the rules. These two were so fun! Their banter is fantastic and both can handle the other just fine. They get basically a second chance to be together that they never got in the past. And they know it may be complicated but neither can deny the pull they feel toward one another. This book was a lot of fun and had such great characters. I hope they all get a book down the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment