Thursday, February 9, 2023

Famous Book 2: Spotlight by Eden Finley

Famous Book 2

RYDER

When I quit the biggest boy band on the planet, I was supposed to get my life back.

It’s not that I wanted to leave the spotlight. I felt like I had to for my daughter. Her picture shouldn’t be splashed all over the tabloids.

I thought I could do this parenting thing on my own, but it’s obvious I need help. I just didn’t expect to find it in the form of a gorgeous guy I meet by chance.

I can put my attraction aside for my daughter’s sake. I’ve put my whole life on hold for her.

If only he wasn’t so tempting.


LYRIC

Working as a nanny is my backup to my backup plan. My first plan is fame, but something always holds me back.

When I randomly run into Ryder Kennedy and end up becoming his daughter’s nanny, I figure it’ll be a short-term thing.

But then Ryder finds out I can sing. He wasn’t ready to give up music, and now he’s found a new way to have it: through me. He wants to produce my demo and make me a star.

He says I was born to be in the spotlight, but I think I was born to run from it.

It doesn’t help that each day I’m with him and his daughter, the deeper I fall into fantasies of being part of their family. And not just as the nanny.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54544949-spotlight

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Ryder left the spotlight to give his younger daughter a chance at a normal childhood. But he is learning quickly that that is easier said than done. Paparazzi follow him and his daughter and it's getting harder to protect her. And after a long time Ryder is just too exhausted and almost ready to admit he may need some help. Then by chance he meets, Lyric. And next thing he knows, he is hiring Lyric to be his daughter's nanny. An equally terrible and brilliant idea according to Ryder. Because while Lyric is wonderful with his daughter, Ryder is also very attracted to Lyric. Their chemistry is great but blurring the lines of boss and employee gets tricky. Especially when Ryder hears Lyric sing for the first time. Now he wants to help Lyric go after his dream of being signed by a label. As for Lyric, he doesn't want Ryder's help in that department. He wants to go for his dream career on his own and as himself. He won't change who he is. For now, he'll look after his nephew and Ryder's daughter, and try very hard not to let his attraction to Ryder take over his brain or heart. But it's only a matter of time until these two give in to their feelings. And even when they do, there is still a lot for them overcome! But I loved these two and their story. They'll keep you laughing and you'll cheer them on for them to realize how much the other cares. Such a fun story and I'm looking forward to the rest of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment