Sunday, February 19, 2023

Divorced Men's Club Book 2: Platonic Rulebook by Saxon James

Divorced Men's Club Book 2

Griff:
Walking away from my marriage was my idea of a fresh start.
My kid is in college, my ex-wife and I are on good terms … but being single in my forties is a world different to being single in my teens.
I’m thankful for my best friend, Heath. He’s got my back like he always does and is ready to take me out and show me how the bachelor life is done.
He was never supposed to show me literally.
After we wake up in bed together, I can’t stop looking at him differently, and one thing becomes abundantly clear.
I talk a big talk about wanting to be single, but my platonic rule book has gone out the window.

Heath:
When my best friend comes to me for help post-divorce, I’m only too happy to impart my wisdom to him.
After all, Griffin isn’t my type, but even I can tell he’s a complete lumbersnack. Good with his hands, kind eyes, and a killer smile. All the guys and gals are gonna eat him alive.
But the more time we spend together, the less “not my type” he becomes. I’m the one who can’t get enough of him.
Neither of us is interested in a relationship, so what’s a little fun between friends?
We both know the score.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60039166-platonic-rulebook

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Griff and his very soon to be official ex-wife, Poppy, have been waiting patiently for their son to go to college before moving on with their lives. It's been over a year since their marriage has been over, now they just have to tell their son. Which they plan to do the first moment he comes back from college on fall break. For now, Griff and Poppy will sort out their ownership on the the resort they built and own, and restart their lives separately. Including their dating lives. Griff is ready to get back out there and explore his bisexuality for the first time. And there is no better wingman than his best friend, Heath. Heath knows how to push Griff and get him out of his comfort zone so he doesn't hold himself back. But as changes begin to happen, their feelings for one another begin to change as well. For the first time they are truly taking a look at one another beyond best friends and realizing that there may be something else there than neither ever had a chance to explore. It's complicated and messy and probably a bad idea, but when they realize that ignoring the attraction and the change means losing one another? Neither would ever take that chance. Not when they both know that becoming something more than friends could be the thing they were always meant to be. It was fun reading their story after having read Griff's son, Felix's story first. I got to go back and see how his dad and "uncle" got together in the first place. Their story is a sweet best friends to lover. Looking forward to the next one in this series! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment