Saturday, February 18, 2023

Divorced Men's Club Book 1: Roommate Arrangement by Saxon James

Divorced Men's Club Book 1

Payne:

In search of: room to rent.

Must ignore the patheticness of a forty-year-old roommate.

Preferably dirt cheap as funds are tight (nonexistent).

There’s nothing sadder than moving back to my hometown newly divorced, homeless, and lost for what my next move is.

When my little brother’s best friend offers me a place to stay in exchange for menial duties, I swallow my pride and jump at the offer.

I need this.

I also need Beau to wear a shirt. And ditch the gray sweatpants. And not leave his door ajar when he’s in compromising positions ...

Beau:

In search of: roommate.

Must be non smoker and non douchebag.

Room payment to be made in meal planning, repairs, and dumb jokes.

Since my career took off, I barely have time to breathe, let alone keep my life in order. I’m naturally chaotic, make terrible decisions, and scare off potential dates with my “weirdness”.

So when Payne gets back into town and needs somewhere to stay, I offer him my spare room with one condition: while he’s staying with me, I need him to help me become date-able.

And while he does that, I can focus on my other plan: ignoring that Payne is the only man I’ve ever wanted to date.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59442393-roommate-arrangement

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

When Payne learns that his husband, a man he has been with for twelve years, has been cheating on him for at least two, he's officially done. He even as the video footage to prove it over and over again. So with a little revenge, like destroying his laptop and a toothbrush in the toilet, he grabs his stuff and heads to his brother's family's house in their hometown. Now he is starting over at 40 and has no idea what to do. Lucky for him he has the DMC, the Divorced Men's Club, for support and his family. Though he starts off staying at his brother's, he ends up moving in the spare room of his brother's best friend, Beau. Beau who he slowly starts to see in a new light. And maybe even makes Payne realize that he is more angry than heartbroken about his failed marriage. A marriage he can admit may have been dead long before discovering the truth. Beau has had feelings for Payne since forever. He just was never in a place to do anything about it. But now Payne is here and living with him and single. Could he possibly have a chance? He won't rush it or put his hope into it though. He'll be there for Payne because he cares and wants him to be happy. And the timing couldn't be worse. So Beau thinks of a new plan. Maybe Payne can help him with his eccentricities that tend to scare the men he has dated. Maybe Payne can help Beau get over his nerves. However, that plan doesn't tend to work out right when Payne seems to like all of Beau's quirks. So maybe a future for them isn't totally hopeless. These two were adorable. Beau is a quirky writer who writes at all hours of the day and can be found in ridiculous positions as he works out scenes. And Payne is a hundred percent supportive. He loves Beau just the way he is and doesn't see why he has to change a thing about himself. He also makes Payne realize so much about himself. They are a great pair who respect one another and aren't afraid to be themselves with one another. This story was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the rest of the DMC members getting their books!

No comments:

Post a Comment