Monday, February 20, 2023

Divorced Men's Club Book 3: Budding Attraction by Saxon James

Divorced Men's Club Book 3

Ford

I’ve never thought much about Orson Naples.

He’s a cute guy who I’d seen around town a few times, but then one day he up and left and didn’t reappear until a few years later. No one knows where he went or what he was doing, all this gossipy town knows is that he’s a widower, owns the florist, and is friends with that divorced group that hang out at the Killer Brew all the time.

But then one day I step into his flower shop and go from rarely thinking about him, to him constantly being on my mind.

There’s a restlessness to him that I’m dying to unlock answers to.

And his eyes linger on me a little too long for a straight man …

Orson

Ford Thomas is a pest. A delightful one. A tempting one. But I’m too old for games.

The ones I’ve played in the past have always led me to trouble which is why I vowed to settle down and live a quiet life.

So when Ford walks into my shop all uncontained energy and flirty quips in a pair of heavy work boots, I know I should show him the door.

I don’t need fun. I don’t need experiences.

Especially when those experiences have me questioning things I thought I knew about myself.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61294367-budding-attraction

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Orson has been through a lot. After losing his wife, he made some bad choices until one day he got the reality check and help needed. Now he lives in Kil Pen and owns a flower shop and has a great support system in the Divorced Men's Club, despite being a widower. He thinks he is pretty happy with his quiet life. That is until Ford enters his shop. They may live in the same town and have some friends that overlap, but neither have really truly met or crossed paths. And once they do, there is no going back. They have a strong connection and build a friendship. Sure, Ford be attracted to Orson, flirted with him, and even asked him out, but when Orson says he is straight, Ford can't help but wonder if that is completely true. But Ford will never push. Especially when he loves spending time and getting to know Orson. As for Orson, bit by bit he is beginning to wonder what it is about Ford that he can't get enough of. And could it be possible that he is attracted to him? It would be a first when it comes to the idea of being with a man. But the idea isn't so scary when it comes to Ford. These two will have a slow burn that is just so sweet. Love can start off with a friendship that slowly builds and realizing that the attraction is there waiting for them. Orson is figuring out how to love again while Ford is learning what it is like to be in love for the first time. Loved their story! Can't wait for the next book to come out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment