Thursday, August 6, 2026

Van Doren Book 9: Rhodes by Crea Reitan

 

Van Doren Book 9

Every high school has a bully who has gone unpunished.

Walking the halls of my high school after two decades reminds me why I’ve blocked those years from my memory. The walls hold secrets but perhaps none as potent as the woods behind the school where a life ended too soon.

I wasn’t able to make a difference then. But I’m not a frightened kid anymore. Bullies no longer scare me. It’s time to deliver long overdue consequences to those who have never been held accountable for their actions.

With my pack of wolf dogs and this blindingly bright fake boyfriend at my side, nothing can go wrong.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/253672236-rhodes

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

I first read Rhodes story in a Heart2Heart Anthology. I was so happy to revisit his story again, but this time it was longer and few changes. Worth to read again if you already saw it! Rhodes and Bennett and of course their pack of wolves are just the best. For those reading it for the first time. Here is what is going on: When Rhodes needs a date to get him through a weekend at his old private high school for a reunion, he turns to Heart2Heart. That’s where he meets Bennett. Bennett is a total surprise for Rhodes. They just fit together and the fact that Bennett is un-phased by the fact that Rhodes has several very large wolves that he has trained and keeps with him at all time? Even more wow. Bennett adores Rhodes and his wolves and is glad he can be there for Rhodes during a weekend that is clearly hard for him since his high school was not one he liked. And when their weekend is over, well, they’ll have to decide if they are ready to let one another go. If you know the VanDorens, you know what to expect with Rhodes when it’s time to get into a little mischief. And of course, righting some wrongs with some bad people. And while these two may be opposite in some ways, they are plenty a like in others. A great way to expand and give us more of these two! Loved it!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment