Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Legends & Fury Book 3: Yard Sale by EM Lindsey

 

Legends & Fury Book 3

“Would you rather be trapped in a cabin with your arch enemy, or not be allowed to shower for a hundred days?”

Problem number one: My arch enemy is the jackass reporter who keeps making up lies about me.
Problem number two: He’s also absurdly hot so the idea of being trapped in a cabin with him gives me ideas.
Problem number three: As much as he pisses me off, Aravind Gupta might actually be right about a few things: namely that my career in hockey is probably over.

A poorly timed check might have robbed me of being able to retire old and with nearly half of my original teeth, and Aravind was right there on the front lines to tell the world about it.

In a wild attempt to get away and figure out what comes next, I find him on my same ferry, heading out to a quiet island where I planned to do nothing but bed rot. 

Aravind has other ideas though, and he makes those known before we’re even off the boat.

And while it’s not like me to want to sleep with a man I can’t stand, somehow, he’s turned into the only bright light in the dark shadows my terrible family casts. 

I might not be used to believing in myself, but with Aravind’s quiet and gentle persistence, I’m starting to think that despite what I’ve always been taught, I deserve my happily ever after.

Yard Sale is the third and final book of the Legends and Fury trilogy, a spin-off of Punk as Puck. It’s a rivals to lovers romance featuring a tired, injured D-man with a crappy family who is failing to cope at life, a reluctant reporter with a thing for lace and silk who is doing his best to figure out who he is and what he wants, sandcastles, walks on the beach, making unique use of panties, the joys of too many aunties coming to visit, and a steamy, swoony happily ever after.


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

The final book of this series has arrived! I’m really sad to see it end. This was such a great series. We end the series with Tiago and Aravind. And if you have read the previous book, you know these two don’t exact get along. Aravind tends to say exactly the wrong thing and is a sports reporter. So if you aren’t at your best, prepare for that bad report. And Tiago is having quite a time. Tiago has been slowly going blind for a long time now. And he knows that the day is coming sooner rather than later where his vision will be gone for good. But then to add to it all, he gets a very bad injury at his hockey game. Jeopardizing his career. This may just be the game that makes him retire. And of course, Aravind is there to write about it. Aravind hates his job. It’s not the type of writing he wanted and the fact that his cheating of an ex works in the same building as him does not help. He is counting the days until his contract is up. His last article will be on Tiago’s injury. He knows he hasn’t been his best around Tiago, but he is trying. And that comes soon when the two of them find themselves on a ferry together. And the chemistry between them ignites. All the tension finally releases in an unexpected way. And both of them realize…they want more. More of one another. So when Tiago needs a major buffer between his horrible family, Aravind is there to be the perfect boyfriend. And well, pretending is the last thing on their mind when everything feels realer and realer by the moment. Can they actually have a future together? These two definitely had some enemies to lovers vibe, but I loved when they actually communicated and were able to get past some things and realize that they are actually pretty perfect for one another. I loved watching them get to know one another better and falling hard for each other. Just a perfect way to end this series!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment