Monday, August 10, 2026

Pine Ridge Book 1: The Hitman’s Final Job by Ana Ashley

 

Pine Ridge Book 1

Have you ever met a hitman who dreams of having a veggie patch?
It's me. I'm the hitman.

It's the day before I retire from ten years of killing people for hire. Not only am I given one last job- wasn't that job in Budapest last month THE last job?- but then I find out I'm tasked with killing my best friend's dad.

Did I mention he's a total silver fox, the smartest man I've ever met and my all-time crush?

Yeah...life sucks.

Now I have to figure out who hired me so I can stop them. But keeping Vaughn safe while trying not to fall in love with him is a threat I didn't expect to face.

The Hitman's Final Job is a small-town romance featuring suspense, heat, and the sweetness of two men finding real love amongst danger. You can expect slow-burn tension, emotional depth, unexpected humor—including a surprisingly heated giant vegetable competition—and the kind of love that makes you want to stop running.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

So happy to be back in Pine Ridge! I’ve been looking forward to this new series and this first book didn’t disappoint! For the last ten years, Silas has been a hitman for a secret government agency. But ten years is a long time to take out some pretty bad people. He wants to be done. But he is forced to take one more job first. The problem? The hit is on his best friend’s father, Vaughn. Also the man that Silas has been secretly in love with for years now. But has never made a move for the fear of losing his best friend, Rowan. Silas knows Vaughn. He knows the work he does. And there is no way that Vaughn can be the bad guy in this scenario. And lucky for Silas, his partner listens to him when he says they need to learn more about who made this request. So in the meantime, Silas will have to follow Vaughn home to Pine Ridge to keep him safe. Vaughn is surprised to find Silas at his doorstep after crossing paths in Europe only a few days before. And when Silas says he would like to stay for several weeks, he has some mixed feelings. Happy but at the same time, he knows how hard it will be to be in Silas’s vicinity. Because Silas isn’t the only one with feelings. They may address the elephant in the room about their feelings and how they can’t cross any lines, but it’s only a matter of time before the pull between them becomes impossible to resist. Also, Vaughn has been keeping his own secrets. Ones where someone has been threatening him and his work. And it’s only a matter of time until all is revealed! I loved this story!! It was just so good. A great new town with awesome characters to explore. And I just adored Vaughn and Silas. They fit together in so many ways despite the little over ten years age gap between them. The age thing isn’t a big deal to them. Their biggest concern is Rowan and the fear of losing him. But they also are just clearly meant to be. A great way to kick off this series! And I’m so excited to see what happens in book two!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment