Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Desert Elite Hockey Book 2: Power Play Clash by Christie Gordon

 

Desert Elite Hockey Book 2

Sharing a hotel room with the owner’s son is a mistake. Hooking up with him? Worse. Falling for him in secret? Game over.

Alex
As captain of an NHL team, I can’t afford distractions.
Not when the season is starting.
Not when everyone is counting on me.
And definitely not when the distraction is Julian Mercer—our owner’s spoiled, sharp-tongued son, who walks into the rink knowing nothing about hockey and somehow gets under my skin anyway.
He’s reckless, infuriating, too pretty for his own good… and impossible to stay away from.
He’s supposed to be off-limits.
Instead, he’s in my bed.
What starts as tension turns into late nights, stolen touches, and something I can’t shut off.
But I’m not out, and if his father finds out, I could lose everything I’ve worked for.
Including him.

Julian
I took this job to prove I’m more than Grant Mercer’s son.
I didn’t come here to embarrass myself in front of the team captain, or end up craving every heated glance, every secret touch, every stolen night with him.
He’s controlled, guarded, and impossible to read.
Until we’re alone.
Because behind closed doors, he gives me everything, except a future.
And the longer we stay in the shadows, the more I realize…
If Alex makes me choose between walking away and fighting for him, I won’t go down without a clash.

Power Play Clash is book 2 in the Desert Elite Hockey series. It features a closeted captain, the owner’s son, secret hookups, forced proximity, emotional tension, and a high-stakes MM romance where one choice could cost them everything.

Buy now and fall for the men who refuse to play it safe.


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Alex has done what he can to bury his sexuality. His team may open considering the amount of them are in relationships with men, but for Alex it isn’t just his team he is worried about. It’s his family. But he also has the biggest distraction when it comes to his hockey career. He can worry about love and relationships later. That is, until he meets Julian Mercer. The GM’s son. He knows he is in trouble when he first meets Julian. But he is even more in trouble when he learns that Julian will be working with the team. Though, from what he can tell, Julian doesn’t have any hockey knowledge. And it soon becomes Alex’s responsibility to help him out when he can. Being near the guy that he can’t stop thinking bout though is its own challenge. Julian is clueless when it comes to hockey. But he is determined to make his dad proud and show he can learn. And he is even more determined to show Alex he has what it takes. Julian thought he closed his heart off long ago, so why does being around Alex feel so different? Their brains tell them they can’t be together, but try telling their hearts. A really enjoyed getting to know Alex and Julian. It was sweet to watch them go from sort of enemies to more as they got to know one another. They were exactly what the other needed. It was also nice to see some familiar faces as well! These guys always have one another’s backs and they proved it with Alex and Julian. Fun story all around, looking forward to the next one.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment