Wednesday, August 19, 2026

The Darling Brothers Book 4: Painted in Wildflowers by Emmy Sanders

 

The Darling Brothers Book 4

I’ve always listened to my heart, and what it wants is him.

Remi
I can confidently say I never thought my crush on my best friend’s older brother would amount to anything.

Until Benson Harper returns to Darling, possibly to stay.

As the forty-two-year-old desperately searches for his sense of self, I begin falling for a man I never truly knew before now. One who’s kind, honest, and caring.

Amidst wildlife rehabilitation, explorations in mountain climbing, and the strained tensions with his brother, Benson works up the courage to tell his family he’s autistic. And I gain companionship that goes far beyond the eldest Harper brother shadowing me on the ranch.

I wasn’t prepared for love to bloom in the quiet days spent by Benson’s side.

Now, I’m not prepared to lose him.

Painted in Wildflowers is a brother’s-best-friend romance at a small-town ranch, with a twelve-year age gap, the cutest-ever sidekick, Deaf and autistic representation, and one very HEA. It’s book 4 in The Darling Brothers series but can be read as a standalone.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

The final Darling Brothers book has arrived! It’s Remi’s turn. And it was everything you could have wanted for his story and the finale of this series. Remi has had a crush on his best friend’s older brother since he was a teenager. Never did he expect anything to happen. Especially since Benson had left Darling years ago. But now that Benson is home and finds himself at the Darling Ranch more often than not, that long ago crush is surfacing. But what’s even better? It’s more real this time. Because now Remi is getting to know Benson and he is both not what he expected and probably exactly what he has been looking for. Can it be possible for Benson to have feelings for Remi too? Benson returns home after so long staying away and being anything but himself. He finally has a name for what he never understood about himself until now and it comes with much needed peace. Now, he just wants to work on finding out exactly who he is. He just never expected that Remi Darling would be the one to embrace Benson’s true self and love him for it. Benson has never felt safer than when he is with Remi. And maybe they are exactly what one another have been looking for all along. I loved these two. They were so sweet and beautiful and just utterly perfect for one another in every way. I loved how they found one another at the right time. I just absolutely loved their story and it couldn’t have been a sweeter end to the series. I will definitely miss these characters! Great finale and a great series!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment