Saturday, August 29, 2026

The Firm Book 4: Allegiant by Cora Rose & Lark Taylor

 

The Firm Book 4

Some ghosts never stop haunting you.

Mine wears the face of the only boy who ever knew the real me.

His blood stains my conscience, and the guilt I carry keeps everyone in my life at arm's length. I don't deserve love. I don't deserve forgiveness. After what I've done, I only deserve the darkness.

Then a handsome lumberjack of a stranger walks into my dance studio. And I crave him. I need him.

Not to save me, or to fix me. I need him to help me forget. Just for a little while. Samson Buckingham is the perfect distraction.

But getting involved is dangerous. Not because of his family ties or the violence he's clearly capable of, but because I promised myself I'd never let anyone get close again. And Samson is the only man who could make me risk unearthing the parts of me long buried…


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

It’s Samson’s turn! The one who vowed he wouldn’t fall in love and all it took was one look at Rowan and he was a goner. When Samson is sent on his next mission, he stops in his tracks when he lays eyes on Rowan. The beautiful dancer who was born to be on stage…and does not look or act like a killer. The Firm takes out the bad guys. And Samson knows deep in his gut something is off. He’ll protect Rowan at all costs to prove it and find out exactly why someone wanted Rowan gone. Rowan is lost in his grief. His best friend is dead and he only blames himself. For not being there when his best friend needed him most. The only thing that keeps him truly going is dance. He won’t ever let anyone into his heart again. Because every person he has ever loved is gone. Then Samson enters his life and the walls Rowan built around his heart are threatened. And anything good that has come into his life has been taken away. So trusting Samson to stay? May just be impossible and too good to be true. Oh boy, what a story! I adored these two. Samson has truly pushed down a lot of who he is because of how he was raised, but Rowan gives him a safe place to be himself. Especially when it comes to his love of dance. He didn’t know he could fall for someone so fast and so easily, but he can’t let Rowan go. Never. Even when the secrets of his life and family threaten to break them. And for Rowan, he has dealt with so much loss, it’s been so hard to trust again. And he does with Samson. And even when bad things come, he proves his strength and his ability to loved. Absolutely loved getting to know these two and see them fall for one another so hard. We got a sneak peek of the next book and oh boy!! Is that going to be crazy. Two brothers to go and I can’t wait to see how their stories go!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment