Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Unlucky 13 Book 7: Consumed by Bailey Nicole

 

Unlucky13 Book 7

Welcome to Black Diamond Resort and Spa…

Growing up in a small town in Georgia, I never dreamed of starting a band that would blow up from a viral video or that I’d live in a mansion on the beach in Miami, Florida.

Since we were seven years old, my best friend Percy had dreamed big enough for both of us. He’d always known this would be our future.

But he’s been slowly killing me for years, and yet he’s the only reason I’m still alive. He needs me. He needs me for comfort. He needs me to hold him and love him. Percy wants to live in my skin, and even that wouldn’t be close enough.

But he doesn’t want me the way I want him.

Money. Fame. Medications. Therapy.

None of that could’ve prevented what transpired that night, and even though it put me in a mental health facility, I don’t regret it. Not one bit.

Because without him, there is no me.

Consumed is an M/M romance between two highly codependent childhood best friends. Please read the content warning at the beginning of the book as there are themes that might be triggering for some readers.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/128079978-consumed

********

My Review: 3/5 Stars

This one was definitely one of the harder ones to get through in this series so far. The trigger warnings are there for a reason in this! It’s obvious from the first page that Winston and Percy are everything to one another. They are probably the definition of soul mates, yet they may not recognize that for what it is. They gravitate to one another in ways that may seem unhealthy and dependent. And the both of them know it. For Winston, he knows what he feels for Percy. He’s been in love with him for a very long time but just never expected Percy to feel that specific way back for him. Throw in his poor mental health among other things, then you don’t have a way to truly see what’s in front of you. For Percy, it doesn’t click for him what his attachment for Winston or June as he calls him is. He doesn’t understand it fully. Not for a long while. And even when he does, they aren’t in any place to say it. The communication between these two is definitely lacking and the fear of saying anything and ruining what they are is there too. However, it doesn’t stop them from breaking one another bit by bit over the years. And after one incident pushes them too far, they’ll find themselves at Black Diamond. There, the healing and communication can truly begin. It’s a pretty tough book to get through and prepare for all the angst and hardship before these two find their happily ever after. They work for it bit by bit and like I said, no one can doubt what these two mean to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment