Thursday, August 3, 2023

Crimson Club Book 1: Stepbrother Dearest by Willow Dixon

 

Crimson Club Book 1

Of all the people who could have seen me when I was at my most vulnerable, it had to be him .

Caleb. My stepbrother and the golden child of our messed up blended family. We barely know each other, but for some reason he takes care of me when an incident at the club leaves me helpless and alone.

He hates me as much as I hate him, but something about his bossy attitude and unflappable calm soothes me. I don’t want to want him, but no one has ever made me feel the way he does.

Hooking up with my enemy is stupid as f*ck. So is breaking my rules for him. I know this, but whatever is between us will eventually burn out and I can go back to my solitary life and forget all about how amazing it feels to let someone else take control.


Gray and Caleb’s story is an enemies-with-benefits-to-lovers romance between stepbrothers who discover that sometimes the person you hate is the only one who can give you what you need. Expect lots of steamy encounters, tons of dirty talk, and reluctant feels as these two enemies learn the truth about themselves, and each other. It is the first book in the exciting new Crimson Club series but can be read as a standalone.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/141222882-stepbrother-dearest

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Loved this one! Been looking forward to Gray’s story after we got his brother, Eli’s, story. Gray hasn’t had it easy. An incident as a teenager put him down a path where he has had to work very hard to keep himself afloat. Things haven’t always been great, but he hasn’t done too bad considering. But one night while on his break at the strip club, he goes to help someone and it results to a trip to the ER where he meets his stepbrother after many years of not seeing him and really not knowing him. A lot has changed since he first saw Caleb. Gray’s dad is an awful person and cheated on Gray’s mom a lot. She was able to leave and move on, but Gray’s dad eventually latched on to Caleb’s mom. Both Caleb’s and Gray’s relationship with Gray’s dad is terrible. And his twisted lies created a tension between Caleb and Gray that never got resolved. Neither see Gray’s dad anymore, they are away from the toxicity, but the effects still linger. At least for now. Caleb is shocked to see Gray in his ER. He’s a nurse now and loves what he does. And seeing Gray hurt does something to him that has him pushing aside his dislike and offering to take Gray home until he heals. Being around one another sparks an attraction neither are prepared for but one they’ll give in to and realize they may just not want to stop. Really loved their relationship! They have an enemies to lovers vibe that turns into something so much more meaningful when they begin to let down their walls bit by bit. Such a fun story with lots of laugh and steamy romance. Definitely looking forward to more from this series! We got introduced to some pretty fun characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment