Friday, August 25, 2023

Heroes At Home Book 2: Battle for the Top by Willow Dixon

 

Heroes At Home Book 2

I know who I am and what I want, but Jordan makes me question everything. - Luke


My life is as predictable as it comes. I go to work at my security job, I hang out with my friends, and I spend my free time alone. I don’t want or need anyone or anything else.

Then I’m assigned a night contract with Jordan, who’s my complete opposite, and my world is flipped upside down.

Jordan is friendly, outgoing, and nothing like the men I’m usually attracted to. He’s also big, confident, and can turn me to putty with just his words. I don’t know who I am when I’m with him, and while he makes me feel better than anyone ever has, I’m not sure I’m ready to let someone else take control.

I like Jordan, and I trust him, but is that enough for me to give in and let him take care of me?


***Battle for the Top is an opposites attract, grumpy/sunshine, hurt/comfort story featuring a jaded former solider turned security guard, his friendly but guarded co-worker, a found family, and accidental feels. It is Book 2 in the Heroes at Home series, but can be read as a standalone.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60323716-battle-for-the-top

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Luke has his routine. Something he needed after life in the military and when his alcohol addiction was at its worst. Now, he is in a much better place when it comes to his addiction, but he lonelier than he cares to admit. Sure, he has his best friends, but more often than that, he is own his own. With the occasional meaningless hook up here and there. But then he meets Jordan on his next security assignment, opposite in every way to Luke. While Luke is quiet and shy, Jordan is outgoing and bright and very talkative. And despite the fact that both claim their type is not one another, neither can help the small crushes that starts building for one another. And then when a dangerous incident occurs outside of work to them, it pushes them to act on something that has building for a while now. Now, the two are falling hard for one another as they spend all their time together, not just hooking but getting to know one another. They find comfort and a safety with one another that they haven’t felt ever with someone else. But will they have the courage to admit their feelings once their work contract ends? I really liked this story! Luke and Jordan are so so sweet together. They fit so well. They are opposites in some ways but very similar in others. Such a sweet story and I can’t wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment