Thursday, May 11, 2023

Step Bully by Willow Dixon


Of all the people in the world, I had to be attracted to the one person I hate…

Ash Summers is the most beautiful guy I’ve ever seen. He’s also a total d*ck, and I hate him more than anything. That feeling is mutual, by the way, as he does nothing but torment me.

Oh, and did I mention he’s my stepbrother?

Messing with Ash is all fun and games until our parents force us to room together during our final year at college. Sharing an apartment with him only makes me hate him more.

Until it doesn’t. When Ash touches me, it’s impossible to remember why I dislike him so much. All I can think of is that I need him to do it again…and again.

Every encounter with Ash teaches me a little about myself and my true desires, but it also leaves an emptiness inside me that I don’t understand.

Am I the only one feeling things? Or is my big, bad stepbrother just as desperate for a connection as I am?

Step Bully is an enemies-to-lovers MM romance between stepbrothers who discover that the line between hate and love is a thin one. Expect super hot, slightly kinky encounters that evolve into a total schmoop fest when these two finally get their act together.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61431879-step-bully

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

For Jules and Ash, there is a fine line between love and hate. And with how they became stepbrothers, it's easy to see how the two of them pointed their anger at one another because pointing it at Mom and Dad wasn't quite enough. Now it's their senior year of college, and they spent the last few years perfecting avoiding one another and arguing when they had to be in the same room. But everything changes when their parents force them to share an apartment. Honestly, their parents are pretty crappy. And the situation they put them in was definitely not great either and their behavior the entire time toward their own sons, terrible. But their actions may end up being the best thing for Ash and Jules. Under the hate for one another, there is definitely a connection that neither wish to acknowledge or do anything about. Until they finally give in and it is an explosion. Things slowly start to shift between the two of them until something happens that finally snaps them out of whatever in between they found themselves in. And now there is no going back. They'll learn more about one another in a matter of weeks than the years they were forced in the same house. It took me a bit to get to this story with the amount of hate they had for one another, but once they get past it and let their walls down with one another, I couldn't put the story down. They are in a complicated situation but the feelings they have for one another outshines any complication as long as they have one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment