Monday, May 22, 2023

Never Have I Ever Book 4: Never Have I Ever Wanted My Brother’s Rival by Willow Dixon

Never Have I Ever Book 4


“Why is the one person I hate the only guy I can’t stop thinking about?”

West, my older brother’s high school rival. The rich kid who has it all. The guy who disappeared six years ago and destroyed my brother’s life.

I thought West and I were friends. I trusted him, but he showed me I was nothing more to him than a means to an end.

Being twenty and in my last year of college isn’t easy. Neither is being a virgin. I’ve never been normal or felt like I fit in, and I don’t feel what I’m supposed to.

My online job has given me the perfect way to solve my virginity problem, but then the last person I ever wanted to see again shows up on my doorstep. Not only has West learned what I do for a living, he’s essentially my landlord.

I hate him. So why can’t I stay away from him? Why is he the only person I’ve ever felt a connection with, who makes me feel like there’s something in me worth wanting?

Eli and West’s story is an enemies-to-friends-to-lovers romance between a former bad boy who seemingly has it all and an awkward genius who’s never felt like he fits in. Expect lots of banter and hot first times as these two try (and fail) to stay away from each other. It is the fourth novel in the steamy Never Have I Ever series but can be read as a standalone.


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

It’s finally Eli’s turn! So glad that when I found this series, Eli’s book wasn’t too far away from coming out. I’ve liked who I had seen of Eli so far in this series and couldn’t wait to learn more. Especially since we’ve only gotten pieces of him in each book to get to know him more and I loved how the rest of the guys really took him under their wing and thought of him as their little brother. Now it’s finally his book and it was great! The house Eli and the guys share hasn’t been great recently. And when the water heater goes out they call management. But Eli is shocked to find that the new guy is none other than his brother’s rival from high school, West. Eli hasn’t seen West since the big blow out that threw his brother’s future off course and West disappeared. So he’s none too happy to see West. Yet, he can’t seem to hate him completely either. Not when West had always proved to be a great guy up until he left town. It may be time Eli finally gets the other side of the story. West has been gone a while and he has returned home. He has been controlled by his father since the incident in high school and starts to realize that he missed some important things while he was gone. And when he sees Eli again, he finds he can’t stay away. Then when a storm hits and West offers Eli to stay with him, things are about to change for the both of them. Loved their story! West and Eli were a great pair together. West totally gets everything about Eli and loves everything about him. He understands him in ways no one else really does and Eli realizes just how much he can be himself around him. And for West, he loves to be around Eli and loves that their relationship is so much more balanced than his past ones. He’s been lonely and never truly finding someone who is his equal. They make each other better. Plus you gotta love the other guys make appearances in the story and giving their two cents. This was such a fun series! I’m sad it’s over but I’m looking forward to the spin off that starts with Eli’s brother, Gray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment