Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Ocean Pines Book 3: The Spring We Ignited by Victoria Denault

The Spring We Ignited (Ocean Pines Series #3)
Ocean Pines Book 3

I married the wrong brother, but for the right reasons.

My life was a mess when I started working at Hawkins Lobster Shack. Declan Hawkins was a mess too, and he swore marrying would solve both our problems. He wasn’t wrong. And I wasn’t unhappy.

There was love. It was good… until it wasn’t.

Now my marriage is over and my husband left town, leaving me alone to face the confused and hurt faces of our friends and his family.

So when his brother Finn suggests he become my fake husband so we can take that vacation Mr. and Mrs. Hawkins won, I don’t say no. I need a break from the judging eyes of Ocean Pines.

Pretending Finn’s my husband is playing with fire because my long buried feelings for him are coming back to life.

And I still have secrets to keep. Secrets that aren’t mine to share. Secrets that, if revealed, could burn this small town, and any feelings Finn might have for me, to the ground.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60380585-the-spring-we-ignited

*********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

It's been months since Nova's husband, Declan, has left and they are on their way to a divorce. While his family is both outraged and devastated that he left Nova and them, Nova is the only one who truly knows the real reason. When Nova married Declan, they were helping each other. And sure there was love for a bit but deep down both knew it wasn't the forever love. And though Nova is mad that Declan gave her no warning, she understands. Too bad his family doesn't. Especially Finn. Finn who was her crush and best friend before she married Declan, but she couldn't complicate his life and even dare tell him the secrets she kept. She would have tried but when Finn wasn't there, Declan was. But now everything has changed. And those feelings for Finn are making an appearance once more. But a relationship with her ex-brother-in-law? Sounds way too complicated. As for Finn, well, he's been in love with Nova the moment he met her. She was his best friend too and before anything had a chance at happening, suddenly she is married to his brother. So Finn has kept his heart and mouth shut for all these years. Never would be betray or hurt either of them. His feelings may not ever go away but as long as Nova was happy, he could live with that. But now Declan is gone, and soon they find themselves on a weekend getaway alone. Perhaps some secrets will start to be revealed. Loved this one! Totally complicated but getting to that ending everything was making sense and turning out right for all. And I'm really looking forward to the next book! But Finn and Nova were great. They are finally right where they want to be and everyone is getting their chance at happiness. Really liking this series and like I said I can't wait to get Declan's story next. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment