Monday, November 28, 2022

Ocean Pines Book 1: The Fall We Fell by Victoria Denault

The Fall We Fell (Ocean Pines #1)
Ocean Pines Book 1

I thought proving myself worthy of her love would be the hard part. If only…

When I left my childhood small town, I had a lot to prove. Now, I have a lot to fix. Namely, my relationship with my best friends’ little sister.

We were just kids when I rejected Terra. Even then, I knew I was nowhere near good enough for her.

I was sure I’d eventually forget her. But a decade later, working as a firefighter, the one flame I can’t put out is the one I hold for her.

So I’m back in Ocean Pines, but Terra’s moved on with someone who doesn’t have my history of bad decisions and impulsive behavior.

And as if all that wasn’t enough, she’s sick. I’ll give her a kidney, my heart, the last breath in my lungs…anything she wants.

I’ll do anything to save her life, even if it means watching her live it without me.


The Fall We Fell, book one in the Ocean Pines series, is a sexy, angsty, friends-to-lovers contemporary romance featuring a firefighter who’ll do anything to win the smart, strong heroine of his dreams. Happily ever after and no cheating guaranteed.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57587717-the-fall-we-fell

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Talk about bad timing, some miscommunications, and some pretty bad inconveniences. The story starts with a prologue of a teenage Terra and Jake. Terra has recently learned that she has lupus and will be feeling sick basically for the rest of her life. She and her best friend attend a party with her four older brothers and the guy who is basically family and also her teenage crush. But when the party ends up with a game and Terra and Jake in a closet, Terra's heart starts breaking. Jake won't ruin his relationship with Terra's brothers and family. They are the only family he has. So he lies to Terra and tells her he doesn't see her the way she sees him. Breaking both of their hearts. Years pass and a lot has changed for the both of them. Jake comes home and he is determined to win Terra and show how far he has come. But his plans don't exactly pan out the way he hoped. Lots of complications arise. And for Terra too, who has recently learned that she needs a kidney and those who are willing to donate, aren't a match. Until Jake is. They may have a lot to figure out when it comes to them and their current predicaments, but nothing has been easier for Jake to say yes to when it comes to saving Terra's life. A good story with, let me tell you, lots of drama and complications for literally everyone. The series go to each of Terra's brothers and from what we have learned so far, I'm interested to see how it plays out for all of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment