Friday, November 4, 2022

CU Hockey Book 4: Line Mates & Study Dates by Eden Finley & Saxon James

Line Mates & Study Dates (CU Hockey, #4)
CU Hockey Book 4

ASHER

Hockey, studying, and school runs. That’s my life now.

After a tragic accident that took our parents’ lives, it’s up to me and my big brother to take care of our five younger siblings.

In between burning their meals and keeping them from killing each other, I’m supposed to get a college degree. It’s hard when I don’t have time to breathe let alone study, and if I don’t get my grades up, I’m in danger of losing the one thing that makes me happy: my spot on the hockey team.

Which is why when the new equipment manager offers to tutor me, I really can’t afford to say no. Even though I should.

He’s Coach’s son and way too tempting.


KOLE

As this year’s equipment manager for Dad’s hockey team, I’m expected to deal with sweaty jock straps and herding hockey players to their rooms at away games.

The job is easy, but babysitting Asher Dalton is not supposed to be a part of it.

So why, when his brother asks me to keep an eye on him, do I agree?

Why, when he’s struggling in classes, do I offer to help?

And why, when we’re studying, do I suggest a reward system that lands us squarely in bed?

Asher's trouble, I know he is. But there's something about him that makes it impossible to stay away.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57537914-line-mates-study-dates

*********

My Review: 5/5 Stars 

After losing his dad and stepmom in a car accident, Asher and his wold brother Wes are the guardians of their five younger siblings. His dream of playing in the NHL has been put on hold for now and in the meantime he is going to CU to get an education and play on the hockey team in the hopes that in a few years, his family will be in better shape for him to pursue his dreams. But grief, the responsibility of taking care of five kids, pressure of school, and not getting along great with new teammates may be just a bit too much for Asher. He's already made some self-destructing choices along the way but what will it take for him to take a moment and just be? Well that turns out to be Kole. Kole, the coach's son and the team's new equipment manager. Kole lost a bet with his dad and now is stuck working for the hockey team. And when his path crosses Asher's he's not sure what he can do when Wes asks him to look out for Asher. But it isn't Wes's request that has Kole making friends with Asher and offering to help him study. No. It's what he sees when he looks past the walls Asher has worked hard to build around himself. And when they finally give in to the chemistry between them? Well, feelings to start form pretty fast. Loved their story! Kole and Asher are such a great pairing. Asher has been through so much but you can see how hard he is trying and Kole realizes more than anything that Asher needs a friend. Their friendship that starts builds into such a sweet relationship between the two of them. Another great one to this series and I'm looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment