Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Crave Book 5: Charm by Tracy Wolff

Charm (Crave, #5)
Crave Book 5

He’s under my skin…

After Katmere, I shouldn’t be surprised by anything. Including the existence of a world beyond my world called the Shadow Realm. Yet here I am, stuck in a strange, dangerous place with the worst of the supernaturals, the monster that other monsters fear: Hudson Vega. He might be Jaxon’s brother and ridiculously hot, but he’s a complete bona fide pain in my ass.

The question is whether we’ll find a way out before I kill him…or run out of time.

She’s stealing my heart…

It’s a truth universally known—at least according to Grace—that everything is my fault. But I have a nasty suspicion that Grace isn’t as human as she thinks, and she’s the one keeping us trapped. Now we’ll have to work together not only to survive, but to save all those we’ve come to call family who live here.

Because there’s something connecting us. Something stronger than fear…and way more bloody dangerous.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57939567-charm

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars 

Wow!! Did I get this book and read it in a day? Yes, yes I did. Was it amazing? Yes, yes it was! Okay first off, if you haven't read the previous books in this series, you need to. And spoilers are coming just a bit for those. So I wondered when I received this book if I was going to prefer to read it after book 1. The answer? Nope. Absolutely not. Highly recommend reading this series in publication order. Because though this book technically takes place in between book 1 and 2, that really doesn't mean much. And you will get spoiled for lots of things coming the rest of the books. What I really also mean by that is, by the end things are coming full circle and obviously hint to book 6 of the series. Also, there are just so many things you'll understand better because you read the rest of the books first. Plus, my biggest thing? How could you read this book and then go to book 2 and not feel AWFUL for Hudson?? Cause damn after this story, I couldn't blame him for his feelings when he realizes that Grace has no recollection of their time together. Poor guy needed a break. I was heartbroken for him knowing what comes next when he is free. So, this story. Yes, it takes place in the missing time when Grace was a statue for four months. But what I thought would have happened, got expanded in so many ways. It made the story that much better. Because despite being gone for 4 months, they were gone a lot longer. Their story and adventures were everything. This is their true first love story and it was just as beautiful as the second time they fell in love. Grace and Hudson grew so much together in this book and basically had to do it all over again in books 2 through 4. And it all goes back to having that time to do it. I loved this story. Their chemistry was always there. They fight and laugh and argue and banter and everything in between. They learn the truths about one another and then get flung somewhere completely new. We meet some great new characters and explore a new place. And one thing I adored about the ending was that it does come full circle and land on a sweeter note that is setting us up better for book 6. I adore this series and I cannot wait for the next book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment