Tuesday, November 1, 2022

CU Hockey Book 1: Power Plays & Straight A's by Eden Finley & Saxon James

Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
CU Hockey Book 1

FOSTER

“Look out for Zach and don’t hit on him.”

My brother’s request sounds easy enough. Keep an eye out for his best friend on campus and keep my hands to myself.

Easy.

Even if Zach is a quintessential nerd, who I’ve always thought was cute, I don’t have the time to think with my … stick.

There’s only one stick I should be focused on this year, and that’s my hockey stick. My goal once I graduate is to get an NHL contract.

The last thing I need is a distraction. On or off the ice.

Only, keeping to the rules is harder than I thought it would be.



ZACH

People confuse me.

And no one more than Foster Grant.

I’ve barely spoken two words to him in the whole time I’ve known him, but the second I step foot on campus, he’s impossible to shake.

I can never anticipate his next move. And whenever we’re together, my next move is a total mystery as well.

I want to give in to him, but that might mean coming clean about something I’ve never been bothered about before.

I’m still carrying my V-card.

And I think it’s time to turn it in.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53336266-power-plays-straight-a-s

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars 

So I may have started this hockey universe a little backwards when I read the series that takes place on the timeline after this series, but it's totally okay! All the small mentions of these guys I saw in the Puckboys series will now come full circle since I'm going back! I really liked this one! Foster and Zach were too cute. Zach isn't good with people but it doesn't stop him from making an effort to get out of his comfort zone. Even if that means some stuttering, babbling, and hiding when the time comes for it. But he leaves his best friend, Seth, to do his masters at their rival college in order to take a step toward independence. What he doesn't expect is for Seth's brother to enter his atmosphere. The brother he can't stop looking at and who actually treats him as an equal who doesn't always need protecting. Foster has had a crush on Zach for too long. But when his brother declares Zach is off limits, he listens. That is, until Zach is on his turf at CU. What started as a promise to check up on Zach per his brother's request, turns into wanting to be around him simply because he likes him and makes him happy. The crush is certainly not gone and Foster wants to go for it. Because Zach draws him in like no other. As the two of the figure out a relationship between them, Zach has his studies to focus on and Foster is plans for a future in hockey. But find themselves more distracted than they want to admit. Loved them! Their story was so sweet and refreshing. They are pretty opposite in personalities but bring out the best in one another. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment