Saturday, November 5, 2022

CU Hockey Book 5: Puck Drills & Quick Thrills by Eden Finley & Saxon James

Puck Drills & Quick Thrills (CU Hockey, #5)
CU Hockey

WESTLY

The fall from NHL superstar to domestic disaster was swift and painful. When I became the legal guardian of my five younger siblings, I had no idea what I was doing.

One year later, I’m still lost.

Coaching CU’s hockey team might be the only thing I’m excelling at. But when our star forward is failing math, I have to do what it takes to keep him on the team. Even if it’s going head-to-head with Jasper Eckstein.

One minute I’m confronting the notorious hockey-hating professor, and the next I’m agreeing to be his date to his twenty-year high school reunion.

I don’t know how that happened.


JASPER

My rules are simple. I don’t give extra credit. Ever. No matter how entitled jocks think they are, I refuse to give them special treatment.

It's not because I hate them. It's not because a hockey player broke my nose in high school.

It's fair.

But when Westly Dalton bursts into my office like a hurricane, all my principles fly out the window.

Suddenly I'm giving extra credit.

And I have a date to my reunion.

After one explosive night together, I want more, but his home life is a mess, and I don't want to get in the way. If all we can have is quick thrills, I’m okay with that.

It’s not like I could ever fall for a jock. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58405132-puck-drills-quick-thrills

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

I've made it to the last book in this series and like the previous books, this one was great! It's Westly and Jasper's turn. Westly is drowning when it comes to balancing taking care of his siblings and working his coaching job. After losing his dad and stepmom in a car accident a year ago, him and his brother Asher become the guardians for their five younger siblings. Asher's book was before this one, so you saw a bit of what they are going through and what Wes has been going through too. But what you don't know is that in the chaos, he meets someone. What starts off as Wes charging to the college's math department to demand why Asher can't be given extra credit considering the circumstances, turns into a lot more than he ever imagined. Jasper has a reason to be a little wary of hockey players. He was bullied a lot in high school to the point where it got very violent. He can't stand a bully and refuses to let the jocks of the college get away with anything. He stands his ground against Wes... until he realizes that Wes wasn't supporting a brother who is too lazy to do the work, but is struggling to coparent a house of kids. So he breaks his rule, what he doesn't expect is for Wes to be so grateful and then offer to do go as Jasper's date to his high school reunion. Jasper hopes to prove to those who picked on him that he has come a long way from the kid he was. And Wes proves to Jasper that he is the exact opposite of the people he knew in high school. And turns out, he may just like Wes a lot more than he realized despite him being a hockey player. The two of them have great chemistry and I loved their story! Wes has so much going on and Jasper is so patient and understanding. Great end to this series! And I unintentionally read the sequel series first. But it was nice to rewind and catch the stories of those who make cameos!  

No comments:

Post a Comment