Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Austin Troopers Book 1: Sacking the Quarterback by SA Sway

 

Austin Troopers Book 1

Addison Kelly is a thorn in my side.

He's an American poster boy. Committed, passionate, married to the game… and the man standing between me and my dreams. Not everyone has it as easy as Mr. Perfect, and I had to work myself half to death to even get to the reserves. I need to get on that field and give it all I’ve got, but Addison is so consistently good that I’ll need a miracle—or an unfortunate accident—to get my chance. When Addison does get injured, when he needs time to heal, I’m the one who has to go out there and prove myself in his shadow. And for some reason, Addison is the one who believes in me the most. Suddenly, the man I thought he was, is put into question, and the person that I resented is turning into my biggest supporter. And now, for the first time, there’s something I want even more than football. I may get to play after all, but handling hearts is a lot harder than catching footballs.

Sacking the Quarterback is a standalone m/m romance set in the shared world of the Austen Troopers. It is written by Sienna Sway, writing contemporary as SA Sway. What to Rivals to loversProfessional football playersNo cheatingNo cliff hangerHEASpice

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/201911222-sacking-the-quarterback

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

Callum has finally made it to the NFL. A dream come true. But being a back up quarterback isn’t exactly an easy thing to swallow knowing the chances of playing in an actual game is slim. Especially when the started quarterback is perfect Addison Kelly. Cal can’t help but be a little intimidated and reserved around Addison. But when he spends time with him, he can admit that Addison is genuinely a nice guy. Little does he know at first that Addison doesn’t have the perfect life. Addison has never told anyone on his team that he is gay. After his first love turned ex turned into a crazy stalker, he has never felt the need to come out when he can’t imagine a relationship. Especially when his stalker continues to be a problem. But there is something about Cal that draws him in. And when Addison gets hurt in a game and confides in Cal about what is going on, Cal steps up in more ways than one. And the more the two spend time together, neither can truly deny there are feelings beyond friendship there. These two were so sweet. I loved how they supported one another even though they are put in difficult positions on their team. They probably should be rivals, but neither really see it that way, especially once they get to know one another. They support one another and protect one another. It’s really adorable. And when a threat hangs over them, they are there for each other. I’m looking forward to seeing where this series takes us!


No comments:

Post a Comment