Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Green Creek Book 3: Heartsong by TJ Klune

 

Greek Creek Book 3

The Bennett family has a They're not just a family, they're a pack. Heartsong is Robbie Fontaine's story.

All Robbie Fontaine ever wanted was a place to belong. After the death of his mother, he bounces around from pack to pack, forming temporary bonds to keep from turning feral. It’s enough―until he receives a summons from the wolf stronghold in Caswell, Maine. Life as the trusted second to Michelle Hughes―the Alpha of all―and the cherished friend of a gentle old witch teaches Robbie what it means to be pack, to have a home. But when a mission from Michelle sends Robbie into the field, he finds himself questioning where he belongs and everything he’s been told.

Whispers of traitorous wolves and wild magic abound―but who are the traitors and who the betrayed? More than anything, Robbie hungers for answers, because one of those alleged traitors is Kelly Bennett―the wolf who may be his mate.

The truth has a way of coming out. And when it does, everything will shatter.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/176408159-heartsong

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

What drew me to this story and series originally was artwork of it I saw on Instagram. A short comic that spoiled a scene in this book (though I wouldn’t know what it means until I read the book) and when I saw it, I just had to know what this story was. Who were these characters and what happened to them. And I finally made it to this book to find out. 

I devoured this book. I could not put it down. I get why so many say this is their favorite of the series. Or why it was so heartbreaking. What an emotional rollercoaster this book. I will try not to spoil too much but only read ahead if you have read the series so far at the very least. Immediately when you start the book, you realize that something is wrong. Something isn’t right. But maybe you aren’t sure just yet because the book…where does it start? Is it the very beginning of Robbie’s story long before we met him? Or is it later? And you start to realize that it is today and something went very wrong. Something happened to Robbie’s memories. And he is very far from home. It will take a lot to bring Robbie back to his family, his pack, and most importantly, his mate. Kelly. A lot has happened to this pack in between the last book and where they are now. Some good but a whole lot of bad too. The good news is, is that this story is worth it. Push through the bad and see how they come together again. But this pack has some enemies to fight and it will take all of them together, united, to defeat them. I adored this book as much as it broke my heart over and over again. Robbie has been through a lot and it isn’t over. But he is trying. He is trying so hard to figure out the truths and what is missing. Their world and story only gets more interesting and I am immediately reaching for the next book because I have to know how this story ends. Loved, loved this book. I am loving this series. You definitely need to pick this one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment