Friday, June 28, 2024

Franklin U 2 Book 4: Level Up by Max Walker

 

Franklin U 2 Book 4

Joey 'Jay' Cruz

Moving to San Luco wasn’t my choice. I was expelled from my old school because of a protest I organized that went south. Now, I was attending Franklin University with only a semester left until graduation and not knowing a single soul.

Until I meet Ryan Redpine at a frat party. He’s handsome, muscular, has a great smile, and I quickly find out he’s the son of a CEO hell-bent on destroying the environment.

I push Ryan out of my mind, deciding to keep my sanity and morals in tact.

But fate had other plans. When Ryan ended up as my surprise dorm mate, avoiding him became impossible. And so was avoiding the feelings that started to develop... Maybe getting expelled wasn't the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. Maybe it was actually the best?

Ryan Redpine

Jay entered my life like a lightning bolt.

I’d never met someone I was so attracted to, and someone who clearly didn’t want me. The moment he learned about my dad, he shut me out. Then I get reassigned to his dorm. Cue complications, especially when his bed breaks and we're forced to share.

Things quickly heat up, but Jay's adamant about keeping us under wraps. He's planning this big protest at the beach for an oil drilling project and doesn't want my family name tied to it.

So how do I tell Jay my dad is one of the backers? And how do I make sure I don’t lose him in the process?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/209226199-level-up

*********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Jay is an environmental activist. He does what he can to help the environment and for him that is leading peaceful protests. So figures the cute guy he meets at a party is the son of a CEO who’s company is exactly the type that Jay is against. Resisting Ryan at a party was one thing but when there is an issue at one of the dorms and Ryan becomes his roommate? Jay knows he is in trouble. He does his best to resist Ryan but the more Ryan proves how great a guy he is and more importantly is not like his dad the harder it is to resist. And it’s only a matter of time until Jay lets his feelings for Ryan show. Ryan can’t get Jay out of his head. And when he learns why Jay doesn’t want much to do with him, he is set to prove he is different from his dad. The truth of the matter is, he doesn’t like what his dad’s company is doing. And he doesn’t want to work there in the future like his dad wants him to. He has his own passions. And as much as he loves his dad, he can’t pretend to support him. And the more he spends with Jay the more he knows Jay is his future. But when his dad takes on a project that Jay is dead set against, how can Ryan risk what they are building with one another to tell him what his dad is doing? Things are complicated but the chemistry these two have are undeniable. They are such a great pair and their feelings for one another are so much stronger than anything else! I loved these two! It’s been so fun being back at Franklin U and I’m looking forward to the rest of this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment