Sunday, June 30, 2024

A Mercy Thompson Novel Book 14: Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs

 

Mercy Thompson Book 14

Mercy Thompson, car mechanic and shapeshifter, must stop a disaster of world-shattering proportions in this exhilarating entry in the No. 1 New York Times bestselling series.

In the supernatural realms, there are creatures who belong to winter. I am not one of them. But like the coyote I can become at will, I am adaptable. 

My name is Mercy Thompson Hauptman, and my mate, Adam, is the werewolf who leads the Columbia Basin Pack, the pack charged with keeping the people who live and work in the Tri-Cities of Washington State safe. It's a hard job, and it doesn't leave much room for side quests. Which is why when I needed to travel to Montana to help my brother, I intended to go by myself. 

But I'm not alone anymore. 

Together, Adam and I find ourselves trapped with strangers in a lodge in the heart of the wilderness, in the teeth of a storm of legendary power, only to discover my brother's issues are a tiny part of a problem much bigger than we could have imagined. Arcane and ancient magics are at work that could, unless we are very careful, bring about the end of the world…

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/201182723-winter-lost

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Back in the world of Mercy Thompson and it’s really such a great one to be in. It always takes me a moment or two to remember everyone and everything that has happened so far. 14 books is a lot! But the stories only get more and more interesting as the series go on. This one in particular was definitely a fun and interesting one. When Mercy’s half-brother shows up with some sort of magic on him that keeps him for speaking or really seeing what is going on, she knows she must help him. This leads her and her mate, Adam, to venture to Montana. Where it is more than just asking a frost giant to reverse what he has done to Gary. Mercy and Adam must recover the giant’s stolen harp or the storm he has created will kill all those in the area. But everything is connected. An important wedding that is occurring at the lodge held on sacred land is the key the harp’s whereabouts. And the most interesting piece? Lots of Norse mythology in this story and of course the threat of Ragnarok. Mercy’ adventures are never boring! And oh! Don’t forget, Coyote always has his hands on the chaos, so you know he did something to make things even more interesting. Had a lot of fun with this one! This is one of my favorite worlds to be in and the stories just get better and better. There are still threads of Mercy’s story that isn’t quite finished. And I’m looking forward to when those knots will be resolved and for her next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment