Thursday, December 22, 2022

Don't You Dare by C.E. Ricci

Don't You Dare

It was never meant to be more than a dare.

A party game. A dare. A single kiss.

That’s all it took to flip my world upside down.

I’ve always classified myself as straight, and as far as I can tell, so has he.

I didn’t think one kiss would change that, but I was so wrong.

Now, I can’t stop thinking about him. In all the ways I shouldn’t.

My best friend.

Aspen.

His taste is branded in my memory, his touch seared in my skin.

And I want more.

This simmering attraction I feel only grows with passing time.

Which is why I start tossing out new dares.

Riskier ones that toe lines we never thought we’d cross.

I’m gambling with our friendship, knowing it could ruin us.

But there’s so much more at stake here.

Like my heart.


*Don't You Dare is a new adult college romance featuring two best friends, too many baseball puns, scorching dirty talk, and a whole lot of bi-curious exploration. Not suitable for anyone under 18 years of age.* 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58511930-don-t-you-dare

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars 

Aspen and Keene have been inseparable their entire lives. You can't find one without the other. And no one knows them like they know one another. So it was only a matter of time until there was a shift into something a little more than best friends. A dare and a kiss that changed everything. The first time they kissed, it changed everything for Keene for what he knew about himself. So when it happens again a few years later, he has to admit to Aspen that he isn't as straight as he thought he was and that he wants to explore this part of his sexuality. Next thing Keene knows, Aspen is volunteering himself for the job of helping Keene out. But with any relationship that swears to keep emotions out of it, of course emotions come flooding in. Though in their case, it is a bit different. Because how can two people who have known and loved one another their entire lives, not cross that final line of having a love that changes to a romantic love? These two are clearly soulmates in every way of the word but getting them to realize that may just take a bit of time. this best friends to lover story will have you on a rollercoaster of emotions as you watch them fall deeply in love but overthink just about everything. Definitely a great story worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment