Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Alstone High Book 1.5: Cross the Line by Becca Steele

Cross the Line (Alstone High #1.5)
Alstone High Book 1.5

An M/M Alstone High standalone novella.

Leaving everything behind to move to England was difficult enough, but when I catch the attention of Alstone High’s bad boy for all the wrong reasons, things go from bad to worse.
He resents my position as the soccer team’s MVP, and that isn't even the worst part.
He’s figured out my secret.
He knows I want him, and he hates me for it.
But I can see right through Kian Courtland, and I’ve figured something out. Something that he won’t even admit to himself.
His secret?
He wants me, too.

Cross the Line is a standalone M/M new adult high school romance novella with enemies to lovers themes.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55774830-cross-the-line

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars 

This short novella follows Preston and and Kian. Two rivals who are quick to realize that the tension between them may be a bit more than rivalry on the soccer field. After getting suspended from the soccer team, Kian is pretty mad. Intentions to get the attention of his MIA parents backfires when instead of a simple phone call to bring them home leads to getting suspended from the team. In the meantime, the team needs someone to take his place. And that someone is the new American guy, Preston, who is very good at soccer. Preston is drawn to Kian despite the attitude Kian is presenting. However, Preston can see that underneath it all, that maybe Kian wants him just as badly as Preston wants him. Sparkling chemistry, it doesn't take long for these two to realize there is something between them. This was a fun novella! I picked this up because when I went to read one of Becca Steele's newer books, I quickly realized these two were in it and figured I would appreciate it more to know their backstory! Glad I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment