Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Sinclair & Raven Novel Book 5: Vision of Danger by Wendy Vella

Vision Of Danger (Sinclair and Raven, #5)
A Sinclair & Raven Novel Book5
A wounded hero living in the dark…

Wounded war hero Captain Wolf Sinclair has recovered physically from the hell he endured fighting for his country, but in his head, he still exists in the dark. Living among a big, boisterous family allows him somewhere to hide, until the day Rose Abernethy storms into his life.

She challenges him, makes him feel again.

Soon he’s addicted to her touch, and her kisses have him wanting more. But danger stalks her, and Wolf realizes he must keep her safe because in Rose he’s found someone to bring him into the light.

Is she the one to bring him into the light…

Rose is a runaway. The life she’d always known changed with the death of her aunt, and she was forced to flee Scotland. She chose the big city of London to hide in. But hiding isn’t an option when your life is in danger, and the big, handsome Captain Sinclair becomes your guardian angel.

She battles her growing need for the man who is from a different world. A world where money and status are everything.

The closer she gets to him, the more she realizes he’s fighting demons, and Rose knows that helping him heal is important to her, especially as she’s given him her heart.


********

My Review: 4/5 Stars

When I was asked to read Vision of Danger to review, despite me not having read any of the others in the series, I figured, why not? It's not something I would normally read, but change can be good. I ended up really enjoying reading it! Though it can be read as a standalone novel, and I agree that is true, I do wish I read the previous four books. I normally would have, but fear of not reading them fast enough before this review was due, was what held me back. But besides the fact that when I read series I have to read in order despite the series that say their books can be standalones, the reason why I would really recommend you reading the previous stories is because of the characters that are a constant presence in the book. They had their own books and stories and I think I would have appreciated them more, knowing who they were and what happened to them. Plus when reading a series, it takes the first few books to remember who everyone is and their personalities. I couldn't keep up and I didn't have the knowledge of knowing who they were to decipher who was who. Lucky for me, I ended up really enjoying this book, so I am now super motivated to read from the beginning! 

So this story! Vision of Danger was a great read. I zipped through it pretty quickly and was intrigued the whole way through. And though I was a bit lost not knowing who everyone was, the upside was I was a lot more intrigued to go back and learn about each of them and know their stories. Vision of Danger focuses on Wolf and Rose. Wolf is recovering from his time at war and has a bit of ptsd, though he believes he is getting better. The truth is, he doesn't start to get better until he meets Rose, whose presence changes him and encourages him to remember how to be the man he was before the war. Rose meanwhile has been running to find a place where she is safe and can start a new life. But when trouble follows her to London, it is Wolf who comes to her rescue over and over again. Their connection is undeniable, but both know that it is foolish. Their story was a bit slow, but there is much more going on than either realize. Especially with the legend of the Sinclair and Ravens and their unique abilities. Like I said, there was more than I realized happening and I definitely want to go back to the beginning and learn about it. Really glad I had the opportunity to get an ARC of this book! Looking forward to going back and seeing what future stories are to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment