Friday, October 26, 2018

A Throne of Glass Novel Book 7: Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
Throne of Glass Book 7
Years in the making, Sarah J. Maas’s #1 New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series draws to an epic, unforgettable conclusion. Aelin Galathynius’s journey from slave to king’s assassin to the queen of a once-great kingdom reaches its heart-rending finale as war erupts across her world. . .

Aelin has risked everything to save her people―but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. Aware that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, though her resolve begins to unravel with each passing day…

With Aelin captured, Aedion and Lysandra remain the last line of defense to protect Terrasen from utter destruction. Yet they soon realize that the many allies they’ve gathered to battle Erawan’s hordes might not be enough to save them. Scattered across the continent and racing against time, Chaol, Manon, and Dorian are forced to forge their own paths to meet their fates. Hanging in the balance is any hope of salvation―and a better world.

And across the sea, his companions unwavering beside him, Rowan hunts to find his captured wife and queen―before she is lost to him forever.

As the threads of fate weave together at last, all must fight, if they are to have a chance at a future. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever in the explosive final chapter of the Throne of Glass series.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

The long awaited book was so worth the wait. The best ending to what is one of my all time favorite series. Seriously. I could not have asked for a better ending to what is such a beautiful and brilliant series. Almost 1,000 pages and every single page was beautiful and crazy and emotional and I am seriously out of words. Honestly, I have no words. It was that good. This finale had everything. 

I laughed. I cried. I cheered. I booed. Again, it had everything. From the battles that we were waiting for. The final showdowns and the moments we knew some characters deserved. The happy endings we hoped for despite how unlikely. The reunions we definitely were waiting for. My heart took quite a ride on this emotional rollercoaster. There was no little moment forgotten or character for that matter. I wished I did a re-read before diving into this last one, so I could truly see and remember all these small moments, but even without it, I quickly remembered. And in the end, I couldn't have been more satisfied. 

The book switched from so many points of views and each one of them was necessary. No one was forgotten from these past books. And everyone had a role. And I mean everyone!! The solutions to our long awaited questions were answered and the plot twists had me on the edge of my seat and gasping in surprise. I couldn't put the book down. I was so determined to get to the ending to know how it all came together.

I can't say really anything without giving stuff away. This is a book you don't want to be spoiled. But just know if you loved the previous books, you won't be disappointed. Thank you Sarah J. Maas for the adventure. It was truly one of the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment