Saturday, April 13, 2024

All For the Game Book 4: The Sunshine Court by Nora Sakavic

 

All For the Game Book 4

My name is Jean Moreau. My place is at Evermore. I belong to the Moriyamas.

It is a truth Jean has built his life around, a reminder this is the best he can hope for and all he deserves. But when he is stolen from Edgar Allan University and sold to a more dangerous master, Jean is forced to contend with a life outside of the Nest for the first time in five years. The Foxes call his transfer to California a fresh start; Jean knows it is little more than a golden cage.

Captain Jeremy Knox is facing his final year with the USC Trojans and fifth straight year falling short of the championships trophy he desperately craves. Taking in the nation’s best defenseman is a no-brainer, even if that man is a Raven. But Jean is no monster, just a man with no hope or desire for a future, and when Evermore's collapse starts dragging Jean's hideous secrets to light, Jeremy is forced to contend with the cost of victory.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/201914164-the-sunshine-court

********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

What I love about this series is that it is a series that took me my surprise on how much I loved it. A series I discovered only a few years ago or so, but had ended ten years ago. But the author surprised everyone a few months ago by mentioning that she wanted to go back and write Jean’s story. And did she deliver. Honestly? It wasn’t enough. I could go for another book about Jean. And even more books about other characters including my favorites from the Foxhole Court. But this book about Jean? Oof. He needs a break. I also loved that we got Jeremy’s point of view as well in this book! The two of them telling this tale was just too good and not enough at the same time. The story starts with Jean waking up after Renee rescues him from the Nest. From there we could see the ups and downs, the truths, and the sufferings of exactly what Jean endured in the Nest. How these horrible experiences shaped him and how hard it is for him to move on if that is even possible for him. The story continues hitting a lot of spots we recognize just in Jean or Jeremy’s point of view until we are past that championship game and into the summer before the new season begins. Get ready for tears and laughs and everything in between as Jeremy and his fellow Trojans fight for Jean and show him a better place and life he could have away from Edgar Allen. We get some familiar faces of course too. It was definitely a satisfying insight to Jean but like I said, I wished it kept going. I could keep reading about this world for quite a while. So glad the author decided to pick it back up for at least this book! Gonna put it out there in the universe with the hopes that maybe just maybe this isn’t the finale. I mean, we all thought that bout the last book right? Great job, Nora!

No comments:

Post a Comment