Monday, May 16, 2022

Dead Men Walking Book 2: Society of Psychos by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Society of Psychos (Dead Men Walking #2)
Dead Men Walking Book 2

I’m the prince of death.

A son of carnage born of wicked deeds and sin-filled nightmares.

Nobody understood me. Until her.

My Spider.

The wild girl I claimed from a sea of violent men. But others want her too…

The enemies who lurk within my walls seek to steal her from my grasp. They’re my captives, but maybe they’re the answer to my greatest fear too. Because the Grim Reaper shadows every move I make, and he’s always watching her.

Perhaps I need a ring of warriors to surround my little psycho and protect her from death’s claws.

Because now she’s stolen my black heart, I can’t fail her like I’ve failed before.


This is a dark romance series where the main character will end up with more than one love interest. This series is set in the United States of Anarchy universe. All the series in this world can be read independently but if you’d like to enjoy the crossover characters then you may also want to check out Kings of Quarantine and The Harlequin Crew 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57305606-society-of-psychos

********

My Review: 3.5/5 Stars 

This story picks up immediately where the last one ended and with that last cliffhanger I'm glad we don't miss a thing! Niall and Mateo are scrambling to catch Brooklyn before she is carted away to a place where they will have no chance of rescuing her from. But she isn't alone. We now get the famous Angry Jack aka AJ. He is an addition to the group and an additional point of view. He completes the family that Brooklyn has brought together and is determined to keep. Though the story starts off rocky between the three guys, it isn't too long before they realize that they will do anything for Brooklyn. Even staying together though no one likes one another. But they can agree that protecting her is more important than the dislike. They still have lots to do. Deal with Niall's family and the Russians. Complete Brooklyn's list. And just so much more. I had no idea how these guys would make it through without killing one another, but like I said Brooklyn is the glue that keeps them together. The epilogues are always my favorite part of Caroline and Susanne's writing because there are many and we get a nice glimpse of their future. I especially like the crossover with our Night Keepers from the Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep bit! A satisfying ending to their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment