Monday, May 9, 2022

Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep Book 2: Kings of Lockdown by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Kings of Lockdown (Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep, #2)
Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep Book 2

The sex tape
The fish stew
The Unspeakables
The storm
The font
The bathtub
The ice
The gun
The clothes
The humiliation
The shower
The letters
THE VOW

I had my chance to run from these brutal boys and I didn’t take it. The bonds between us are too strong now. Bonds of blood, oaths, betrayal and vengeance. And I intend to make good on all of them. I’ve made my list. And I won’t stop until each and every one of their crimes has been paid for.

Divide and conquer. We’re going to tear them apart from the inside out. I won’t quit until I’ve had my pound of flesh and then some. These broken boys paint themselves up as kings and stand themselves on a pedestal above everybody else. But that only means they’ve got further to fall. And they’re going to fall hard.

I know their strength now, but I’ve learned their weaknesses too. And I might just be becoming their greatest one. My father taught me how to survive, and it’s time to use everything I know about predators to lure them into my own trap.

Lies, betrayal, seduction. I’ll use every weapon at my disposal to bring them to their knees and once I’m done with them, they won’t own me.

I’ll own them.

This is book 2 in a dark romance series with love-hate themes, scenes of intense bullying, sexual scenes and may have triggers for some readers. It is a reverse harem which means the main character will end up with multiple partners.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53517406-kings-of-lockdown

********

My Review: 4/5 Stars 

At the end of the last book the five of them were bonded in blood. But despite this new shift and the new rules Tatum sets for the Night Keepers, she can't forget what they did to her. So it's time to take her revenge. I still wasn't sure how I felt about this one when I started, but by the end I was hooked and I'm ready to dive into the next one. I think the end of this one was what we all of them needed to come to true terms about one another. So in this book, Tatum is laying out her revenge with the help of Monroe, who has been initiated as the final and fourth Night Keeper. Tatum is taking advantage of the new rules and the ones she set out for the Night Keepers but her heart keeps getting tugged back and forth between hating them and feeling something toward them. Pretty hard to love those who have hurt you and have hold of your freedom. But, I will say I liked that we finally got insight to these guys a bit more. We get pieces of why they are the way they are. And some truths that Tatum needed to hear about them. Turns out the monsters aren't monsters without reason and they are just as protective as their title of Night Keeper promises. It's just that Tatum is their broken rule, one they know and understand but they can't find it in themselves to let her go. Lot of truths in this one but I know there are way more to come. So much story left to tell and with that cliffhanger ending, I'm so glad I am reading this series after it was done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment