Saturday, May 14, 2022

Dead Men Walking Book 1: The Death Club by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

The Death Club (Dead Men Walking #1)
Dead Men Walking Book 1

Chaos. Carnage. Killing.
The three Cs that make my life complete.

I know killing technically doesn’t start with a C – but wouldn’t life be better if it did? Just like it would be better if the Devil was my boyfriend, Santa wasn’t a d*ck and I didn’t live under a bridge.

I wished for my life to improve, but it didn’t. I was kidnapped, sold, sold again, stuck in a death game, sold AGAIN and now I’m living in a serial killer’s basement.

Oh and there’s another dude down here who lives in a cage and doesn’t talk. I call him Dead Man on account of his soulless eyes. He either wants to kiss me or choke me out. I can’t decide which I want most.

Anyways, my hot, tattooed, muscular insane Irish captor thinks I might make a good hit woman once he trains me up. Which is a freaking insult by the way as I’m already the best killer in town. Ask anyone. Except the cops. Don’t ask them or they’ll send me back to that creepy asylum where they gave me the crazy pills. But shh, that’s a secret.

Want to know another one? I quite like it here. Every day is anarchy and that’s my favourite flavour.

So I think I’m gonna join The Death Club and let my freak flag fly.

This is a brand new dark menage series set in the same world as the Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep series with character crossover. Each series can be read independent of each other and the lead female character will end up with more than one love interest.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56969228-the-death-club

********

My Review: 3/5 Stars 

What a rollercoaster of crazy. So I picked up this series after reading Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep series since it exists in the same world and one of the main characters is one we meet from that series. So I expected it to be already nuts because Niall is definitely not all there after what he has endured. But then we meet out heroine. Brooklyn. She takes psycho to a new level but you can't help but cheer for her despite what comes out of her mouth and what is circling in her brain because her past is messed up and everything she endured broke her enough to crack her mind a bit. You can't help but laugh sometimes when you follow her train of thought. It really is out there and what makes it funnier is that Niall can be like that too. They match one another pretty well in that aspect. Now throw in the fact that both are killers and Niall is a professional hitman for his family and we got a bloody mess. Then we have Mateo. Niall has had him captive for months because he needs information from him. Mateo may not be as crazy as Niall and Brooklyn but he has his own monster and demons inside him. A main bit of this story is that Niall rescues (though technically buys) Brooklyn from this messed up club after she was dragged off the streets. He seems something in her that matches his own and wants to train her to be a hit woman. Brooklyn flips between liking that idea and wanting to kill Niall because he is still her captor. But eventually when she opens up enough he tells her he can help her find those who have hurt her. And there are plenty of messed up people who make Brooklyn look sane. This book was a hot mess of crazy, killing, and so much going on. Though it wasn't my favorite of these authors' I still want to know how it all plays out. Especially that we are supposed to get more cameos from BBoEP. And I'm always down to see more from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment