Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Matefinder Series Book 1: Matefinder by Leia Stone

Matefinder (Matefinder, #1)
Matefinder Series Book 1
Werewolves, facing the threat of extinction, desperately seek their mates to bear young. Aurora, a human far removed from the supernatural world, is nearing her own end after being fatally injured in a car accident. 

Kai, an Alpha werewolf, lurks in the nearby trees watching her bleed out. He chooses to save her the only way he knows how, by changing her. No one is prepared for what happens next. The tides turn in favor of the werewolves. The Matefinder has been found, and she is more powerful than anybody ever imagined. But is she prepared to be the most hunted werewolf in history?


********

My Review: 2/5 Stars

An interesting tale on werewolves, vampires, and witches, I must say. I love anything that has to do with supernatural and shapeshifters, so of course I was drawn to this series when I came across it. However, I was a bit disappointed. The ideas were great, but the writing style and plot just wasn't doing it enough for me. I found the writing a bit weak and the plot was super rushed. Every moment and action rushed. I think if it took it's time it would have been much stronger. Like I said, I liked the ideas, but it was just poorly done. And the only reason I kept reading the book and I didn't just toss it aside was because I was really hoping it would get better. Plus there are times I really like corny and sweet romance and to skip the angst of keeping mates apart for the sake of the plot, but like I said earlier this was too rushed, even for me. Perhaps the rest of the series is written better but I am not sure if I am going to keep going to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment