Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Illuminae Files Book 3: Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)
Illuminae Files Book 3
Kady, Ezra, Hanna, and Nik narrowly escaped with their lives from the attacks on Heimdall station and now find themselves crammed with 2,000 refugees on the container ship, Mao. With the jump station destroyed and their resources scarce, the only option is to return to Kerenza—but who knows what they'll find seven months after the invasion? 

Meanwhile, Kady's cousin, Asha, survived the initial BeiTech assault and has joined Kerenza's ragtag underground resistance. When Rhys—an old flame from Asha's past—reappears on Kerenza, the two find themselves on opposite sides of the conflict. 

With time running out, a final battle will be waged on land and in space, heroes will fall, and hearts will be broken.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Brilliant. Creative. The most interesting series I have ever read. This series has such a unique style to it that even though it may take you a little bit to figure it out, it is worth solving the puzzle. When I first read Illuminae I'll admit, it took me a while to get into the story. I kept wanting to put it down, because the style was so different from anything I read, I couldn't find myself having the motivation to follow it, yet alone understand. BUT! There was something enticing about the story. That even though I was tempted to just stop, I couldn't. I thought if I just kept going a little further it would either start making sense or I would just give up on it entirely. Well, I didn't give up. And I'm so glad I didn't! The format takes some getting used to, but once you figure it out, it's a story that has you hooked. After Illuminae, I breezed through Gemina. And when that was done I was super happy that Obsidio was only a few months away from me, as opposed to my usual year long waits. 

So, Obsidio. A brilliant ending to an awesome trilogy. Kady and Ezra are brought together with Hannah, Nik, and Ella. And we are introduced to two new characters, Asha and Rhys, who will bring together their Illuminae Group. They've fought, lost loved ones along the way, and faced things they never thought they would have to but they have survived anyway. And they are ready to keep on surviving present the files they have collected to find justice against BioTech. A favorite quote that sums up the sacrifice these characters have made: "Live a life worth dying for." With the odds stacked against them, they know that if they are going to make a change, they have to hold nothing back. The love they found with one another isn't just the romance between each of the couples, it's the love of finding those who have become more than friends. They are family.  They were broken and hurting from losing so many loved ones, but they find family in one another. And they are willing to protect each other, no matter what.

With surprises and unsurprises from AIDEN, plot twists you don't see coming, and kick ass characters, Obsidio is just simply amazing. The trilogy is wrapped up with action and adventure and closes with the ending our characters deserve. If you haven't started the series, start it! And for those who have stuck around the ending was worth the wait. 



No comments:

Post a Comment