Friday, September 18, 2026

The Rookie Diaries Book 1: Rookie Moves by Jodi Oliver

 

The Rookie Diaries Book 1

COLBY

For almost ten years, the world of hockey has had their eyes on me, watching my every move.
I’m projected to be the first overall pick in the NHL draft this summer, and have been nicknamed a franchise altering talent.
But with high praise comes a lot of pressure I can’t escape, and has resulted in me being a rookie in more ways than one.
The only problem is there’s only one person I feel safe with, and I'm pretty sure there are rules about not crushing on your teammate.

TYLER

Ever since I met Colby, I’ve kept an eye on him. No one should have to put up with the pressure the world has laid on his gorgeous shoulders and the defeated look in his beautiful eyes.
But you shouldn’t notice these things about your teammates.
So when Colby asks me to teach him everything I know in the bedroom because I’m the only one he feels safe with?
I should say no, but there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for Colby McKay.
I should’ve known it wouldn’t be as simple as a friends with benefits arrangement.


********

My Review: 5/5 Stars

Colby has had eyes on him in the hockey world since he was a kid. He’s beyond talented and there are high expectations when he reaches the NHL. And while everyone assumed he would go straight to the pros after high school, he declined so he could have at least one year in college before everything changes forever. And while it was a great decision in more ways than one, he still can’t escape the media. So he continues to keep his head down. But there were things he wanted to do in college and before the draft. A big on? Lose his virginity. And his best friend points out the perfect man for the job: Tyler. Colby’s teammate and someone actually feels safe with. When Colby asks Tyler to help him out, he never expected it to be sex related. Tyler’s always been attracted to Colby but he pushed it aside because they’re teammates. Yet, how can he say no? The chemistry between them is insane and the feelings they hoped would stay down, are doing the complete opposite. Their team is on their way to the Frozen Four, Colby is headed for the draft, and Tyler is about to graduate. Can there be a future between them? Loved this story! This is just the beginning for Tyler and Colby. And I’m happy to hear we get a follow up story. This didn’t end on a cliffhanger or anything. It truly was just the beginning of their relationship and the forever they hoped to have. Colby and Tyler were so sweet, in general and especially to each other. They were exactly what the other needed. Colby is navigating this scary world of pro hockey and Tyler is learning to stand up to his family and have the future he wants and deserves. I can’t wait to see what happens with these two next!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment